Memories of a very old hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of a very old hike

I suspect this topic is going to get many "views" but not many "responses," since it goes back a ways, but here goes ... If anyone keeps records (journals, notes, etc.) of hikes from a long time ago, I had a question. I was hiking in the White Mountains, NH, toward North and South Han**** on the Han**** Notch trail, about a regular morning start time, and the date was Aug. 28, 1998. (It was cloudy to overcast and there was a spot of rain in the afternoon, so this date may not have attracted a lot of day trippers who prefer sunny weather.) At some point on the Han**** Notch or Cedar Brook trails, I saw and heard some Air Force jets roaring through the pass to the west of the trail. This lasted c. 5 or 10 minutes, no more than that. My question is simply if anyone else was present that day and remembers hearing or seeing these jets.

Might try asking on ViewsFromTheTop or one of the New England hiking Facebook pages...

Comment

I'm confused about the place you're talking about. Were you hiking North Hanpenis and South Hanpenis from the Hanpenis Notch Trail?

Comment

Working...
      X