Vermont maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont maps

What do you personally use for paper maps for hiking the 4000 footers in VT? Or do most folks just use internet info for trail descriptions, mileages, trailhead access, etc? I have All-Trails and Avenza maps for my phone, but am having difficulty in finding something like the Nat Geo maps for the Catskills and ADKs. Thanks in advance.

Caltopo, snip, print, waterproof is a pretty cheap solution. As far as published maps go I live in VT and have kind of a collection that I comb through for information in addition to having hiked them each several times (except for Killington which is not in my back yard).

Green Mountain club now offers digital maps for sale. They have 3 waterproof paper maps available for Killington/ Monroe Skyline/ Mansfield regions. Separate from that the Long Trail Guide has descriptions of all of the side trails and LT which covers all 5 peaks and their ascent trails. The maps that are provided with that are not highly detailed of Killington or Ellen/Abraham but those hikes are pretty simple anyway. I think the LT guide used to come with a separate detail map of Mansfield which really does have a lot of options for how to hike it.

Camels Hump and Mansfield are pretty well covered in the map adventures Northern VT map. Their maps are fantastic.

Town of Stowe has a free recreational map with all of the major and minor trails in the Stowe area which includes Mansfield.

As a local, I have lots of suggestions on the "best" way to hike Camels Hump and Mansfield, depending on how much time you have or want to spend hiking and where you're staying. If you're a 46er, nothing in VT is going to be all that challenging from a mileage and elevation gain standpoint, though there is some steep and open stuff that would be fun and challenging for just about anyone here.

Comment

https://www.natgeomaps.com/trail-map...d-maps/vermont if that's what you're looking for since you mentioned nat geo.

I usually carry a natgeo photocopy or printout from caltopo in ziploc bag.

Comment

Just grab the maps off trailsnh.com, thatís what I did.

You can hike all 5 VT mountains in 2-3 days, easy-peasy.
        ADK 46/46W + MacNaughton, Grid 266/552
        Photos & Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by autochromatica View Post

You can hike all 5 VT mountains in 2-3 days, easy-peasy.
          ...if you're lollygagging.

https://www.addisonindependent.com/2...-highest-peaks

Comment

Originally posted by FoulHooked View Post
            Too funny.

That's the way to make them hard. (But the only way.)
            ADK 46/46W + MacNaughton, Grid 266/552
            Photos & Stuff

Comment

Working...
            X