Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/17 Halcott Found glasses (do you know this hiker?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/17 Halcott Found glasses (do you know this hiker?)

I got a late start up Halcott today (didn't start hiking until a little after 3pm). Everyone else had already left and the parking lot was empty. A very peaceful ascent.

I found a pair of glasses in the middle of the herd path just before the canister. With how obvious they were I'm guessing they belong to the last person who signed in at the canister. I've attached a picture of the sign-in. If you recognize this hiker (or can figure out what the name is), please let them know that I have their glasses. Since there is no trailhead register at Halcott and there is a storm coming tonight, I took them with me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hiker.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	504097
    To Go and to See
    Is to Know and to Be

Try this person... https://www.facebook.com/mmunchweber

Profile pic is hiking in full winter gear. Enough details on page to track her down.

Comment

Yes, I know her well, I'm surprised her hiking buddies have not chimed in yet but they will.

Comment

Originally posted by mudhook View Post
        Yes, I know her well, I'm surprised her hiking buddies have not chimed in yet but they will.
        I just realized I met her recently. Bumped into her on Windham on February 5th and we chatted for a bit. If someone would send her a link to this thread I'd appreciate it (I'm not on FB).
        To Go and to See
        Is to Know and to Be

Comment

Itty Bitty. Just saw her with Mike & Ellen last Saturday.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. The glasses are in the mail and on their way back to her.
            To Go and to See
            Is to Know and to Be

Comment

Working...
            X