parking and roads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking and roads

Hello Catskill Locals - I've been planning an ascent of Slide from Frost Valley Road this upcoming Monday (1/21/19) but with the forecast I thought I should ask: given a foot or more of snow over the weekend do you expect the roads will be passable and the trailhead accessible to vehicle traffic by Monday morning?

I'm traveling with young children (not climbing with me!) from Philadelphia and although I know none of you can predict the future, I appreciate your experience of the local response to snow. My expectation is that it's old hat and I have nothing to worry about but again, the forum is here so why not ask. Happy trails and thanks in advance for your replies.

John
    Last edited by mudhook; 01-17-2019, 05:42 PM.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities." -- Nessmuk

Sorry VJ, when moving your post to a spot it would be more visible, I deleted your original title. Slide is usually plowed early so that may not be a problem. Weather is for minus big time wind chill on Monday, watch the weather, the Frost Valley Rd. may be a white out.

Comment

Thanks mudhook. I'm driving up on Sunday and staying at a hotel in Kingston with my wife and kids. If it turns out the hike is a no-go I guess we'll just have to make do in the hotel pool! It'll be a fun weekend either way, but hopefully I can get my fix. Appreciate the reply.
      "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities." -- Nessmuk

Comment

Working...
      X