Found: a mitten on 06Jan2019 near Balsam Cap/Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found: a mitten on 06Jan2019 near Balsam Cap/Friday

I posted about this on Facebook and reached out to one of the hike leaders I recognized from the hike and no takers.

the black gortex/leather mitten was recovered at about 2200' on our return to Moon Haw Rd from Friday/BC trip. It might've been sitting there since before our hike, but it was snowing slightly all day, so it could have been lost on 06Jan2019 just as well.

any chance it is yours?
    46/46 as of August 1st, 2014!

Lots of folks losing stuff lately. On our walk up Tremper recently, I found a pair of glove liners, one microspike, and an iphone!

Comment

• YanaLG
      YanaLG commented
      Editing a comment
      wow!!! we found an iphone on WHP last october but we had no way of knowing where the people came from. we put it in the ziploc on top of a rock that we hoped would be visible to everyone and asked everyone we saw going up as we were going down to pass the word around. and a friend pf mine lost pretty much everything on R&L last weekend but had recovered the phone. think she lost a spike too. and a glove too.

Originally posted by Blowdown Gang View Post
    Lots of folks losing stuff lately. On our walk up Tremper recently, I found a pair of glove liners, one microspike, and an iphone!
    What size microspike did you find? I found a size Large on Silver Hollow Mtn last winter and posted it up, but no one claimed it. Happy to pair it with yours if you found a large. Perhaps you could pass it along to someone who needs a pair? Or if anyone here needs a single size Large, let me know.
    To Go and to See
    Is to Know and to Be

Comment

• YanaLG
      YanaLG commented
      Editing a comment
      that is such a great idea!

• Blowdown Gang
      Blowdown Gang commented
      Editing a comment
      We left the phone at the trail register (it may have been there a few days since it did not turn on). We also left the spike at the register since we found it near there and was hoping whomever lost it would return to find it.

I found the same glove twice yesterday, while following a solo hiker on Friday and BC! He got it back, but he did not get back his broken Hillsound that he left in our car... :-(
    Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
    Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Working...
    X