Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 Witt, Cornell, Slide, Table, Peekamoose, Lone, Rocky, Balsam Cap and Friday 3/4/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Witt, Cornell, Slide, Table, Peekamoose, Lone, Rocky, Balsam Cap and Friday 3/4/21

I used extra small snowshoes today. Not tiny, but 8x21 Tubbs with good crampons.

I changed up the route from last time slightly. I still started at Moonhaw, but this time I didn't go up the headwall to the Bruin's Causeway. Instead I went around Wittenberg, to the right, and came up the trail on the opposite side.

I found the Cornell Crack to be nearly impossible, even though my snowshoes were better than the big ones last time that I did succeed with. This time there is not only ice at the feet, but the sidewalls are all ice and the top is ice, so without hand traction, its best to go around without even trying it.

From Slide this time, I bushwhacked towards Table, climbed Table and hit the trail at the 3500 foot sign. By the way, I did happen to see 4 guys up on Slide, which were the only people I saw.

A few people hiked Table, Lone and Rocky today.

A single person hiked Balsam Cap and Friday today.

This hike was quicker, about 10 hours. No melting snow today.
    I might be kidding...
Working...
X