Big Indian>Fir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Indian>Fir

From the Biscuit. Spikes to 3500', then snowshoes over to Fir and down to trail. Crossed an old set of SS tracks where only a few of us go between Big Indian and Fir with a bear following them today. Sure enough, looked in the book at Fir and Catskill Kev was out there.

Sounds right location-wise. I was wearing tiny snow squooshers, though. Smaller than yours.
    I might be kidding...

Comment

The bear track was nearly as big as yours.

Comment

• CatskillKev
        CatskillKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! Its nice that you can read all of the mysterious signs. :-) That's some good orienting skills.

Are the creeks frozen there?

Comment

Kevin, the size threw me off for a minute but the location brought me back.
        Old Hunter, not really.

Comment

Originally posted by mudhook View Post
          Kevin, the size threw me off for a minute but the location brought me back.
          Old Hunter, not really.
          Thanks.
          Funny I happened to drive over to Liberty NY and then from Roscoe to Walton then to Deposit today and could have answered my own question. We saw much open water and little snow. What ice we did see was iffy on the ponds. We did see 4 Bald Eagles which is always cool.

Comment

Crossing over the stream above Dibble's Quarry, it was frozen over well enough to walk on the ice. Not that the entire stream was frozen...
            Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
            Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
            Past President Catskill 3500 Club
            CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Working...
            X