Giant Ledge Winter Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Ledge Winter Weekend

A rough weekend for me but I managed to squeeze in a beautiful hike up to Giant Ledge. Not enough time for Panther. Conditions were a lot better as I thought the trail may be a frozen waterfall the whole way. Actually very nice conditions with a decent snow pack, crunchy snow and some softer more recent snow. Wore microspikes the whole way. Afterward met up for a couple of hours at the winter weekend to see some old friends and some new! A really nice day out. Hopefully this week will bring more SNOW!
    Some pics of the day.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/103741...57678144579238
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity
    -George Harrison

Nice photos, Tony! Sorry we missed you at the WW happy hour. We got back from our hike with just enough time to get ready for dinner. I'm trying to get back to the Catskills more frequently, so maybe our hiking paths will cross again soon.
    Cheers, Debbie
    We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

• YanaLG
      YanaLG commented
      Editing a comment
      no wonder you looked familiar! Heather introduced me to you at the end of the evening I was wearing a floral dress

• debmonster
      debmonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Sorry I didn't put it together at the time. So nice to put a face with a forum name.

• YanaLG
      YanaLG commented
      Editing a comment
      Likewise! Love how many forum people were at the winter weekend!

Lots of new and old faces at the WW gathering, good to see you. I can attest that Deb was at dinner but did not get any thing to eat.

Comment

• rockysummit
      rockysummit commented
      Editing a comment
      Always great to see you Jim and the rest of the gang. I'm sure we'll get out soon enough. Hope you saved some food for the Deb Monster!

Nice to see you for about 2 minutes Tony! And thanks so much for these great photos. We went Sunday and did not get any views, but we did see to it that a bit more snow was added to the trail for you. And perhaps by this time tomorrow a bit more again!

Comment

• rockysummit
      rockysummit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Laurie. That sounds really good! Sorry you didn't get the views. GL never disappoints... on a clear day.

Tony, thank you for posting! Great photos!!!!
    Catskill 3500: #1,308; #495 (W)
    ADK: 5/46

Comment

• rockysummit
      rockysummit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tony. This is what we do right!? It's like someone said... "I don't know what people do for fun if they don't do this!"

• peakadventures
      peakadventures commented
      Editing a comment
      You are absolutely correct!!

Great to see you Tony...Debbie...Laurie...Yana....Jim...and more.

Comment

• rockysummit
      rockysummit commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Great to see you too Joe!

• YanaLG
      YanaLG commented
      Editing a comment
      for sure, it was great to see you Joe!

• debmonster
      debmonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Likewise, Joe! Sounds like you and Linda had a wonderful time. Great to see you both.
Working...
X