Huckleberry Loop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huckleberry Loop

When researching the Huckleberry Loop hike in Catskills recently, I noticed that there was very limited information on-line. I only found old trip reports from several years ago and no pics at all. Anyway, I figured I would help out future hikers of the loop with a video for reference. Future viewers take note...it was easy going in November when the overgrowth was down. I can see where certain areas may be much more overgrown and more difficult to follow due to limited markings when hiked in the summer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLgd8rTJus

A nice hike. I call it the bog loop. Some of them are the oldest in the cats( over 7000 years). Its sometimes more like a bush wack, the unprepared get lost and there have been a couple search and rescues this season.
    Last edited by mudhook; 12-04-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

As Phil Rizzuto would probably have said "oh those hills are filled with Huckleberries!". Nice video Jeff O!
      And because of all their tears
      Their eyes can't hope to see
      The beauty that surrounds them
      Isn't it a pity
      -George Harrison

Comment

The ADK Guidebook 'Catskill Trails' has a write up on this trail. Thanks for the post!
        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
        CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Working...
        X