Hunter Mountain 11/17/2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Mountain 11/17/2018

Winter conditions for sure. Wore snowshoes all day with about a foot of new snow. Carried the microspikes again... which is a good thing! Met up with few people surprisingly, a couple of soloists with doggies and three other groups of two all enjoying this great day. Really nice folks which is usually the case especially in winter! Made a new canine friend too that followed me for about a quarter mile... and I didn't even have my lunch out! Temperature at the summit was around 24 with a bit of wind. Not quite the wind of last weekend but definitely chilling at times. The tower was encased in crusty snow. Temps were a little warmer back down low at the end of the day but not wet or with any balling up under foot. Saw a couple of hunters near the parking area in the morning. All In all a beautiful day out. Some pics.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/103741...57675815980568
    And because of all their tears
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity
    -George Harrison

Nice photo's. How many cameras are you using?

Comment

Ha! Only two... three I guess if you count the phone. I had to change back and forth a few times as my lens would fog up sometimes. I don't think the garlic pizza breath had anything to do with it either.
      And because of all their tears
      Their eyes can't hope to see
      The beauty that surrounds them
      Isn't it a pity
      -George Harrison

Comment

• mudhook
        mudhook commented
        Editing a comment
        that breath has fogged up a foggy day

• rockysummit
        rockysummit commented
        Editing a comment
        Some things never change!

Tony! Jim! I've been trying to get in touch with you Tony, hope all is well. would love to get out there with you guys soon. I saw Jay and Freddie a few weeks ago at Jay and Jenn's new place.
      Sending a pm. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• rockysummit
        rockysummit commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey David, would be great to get the old gang to terrorize the mountains!

Nice shots! The trail from the tower down to the DP is always a gem, but is just something else with fresh snow.

Comment

• rockysummit
        rockysummit commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Too bad it is raining now. Bummer!
    Working...
    X