Graham and Balsam Lake 11-4-2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham and Balsam Lake 11-4-2018

Balsam Lake was the 35th mountain I've led for the 3500 Club. I remember (long ago) Catdaker saying he was trying to lead each of the 35 at least once and it sounded good to me so today it's done. Catdaker, did you finish your 35 as a leader?

It was also notable to run into Hermit today. It happens a lot, so I guess we both hike a lot.

Finally, one of the hikers today finished her 39th mountain and fulfilled her requirement for club membership. Congratulations (insert trail name here) !!

If you didn't get out today, it was about as good a day for a hike as there could be. Just a little wind in the am, but when it died and the sun was high, conditions were perfect. Great vistas (there is a nice viewpoint on Graham that we keep a secret). We climbed the fire tower on BLM which I only do on windless days. Great view in every direction.

Mud puddles on the trails made for some rock hopping, some walk-arounds and sometimes even a buried boot. Couldn't spoil the perfect day though...

Nice to see you and your group out yesterday,and congratulations on your 35 th. led hike and the young lady's completion !
    "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there ,and you will find it in yourself "
    Ralph Ryndak

Comment

Dang, another list!

We've never really had a goal to lead all 35, but I'd bet we're close...

FWIW, Harry Rampe has lead 100+ 3500 club hikes!
      Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
      Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
      Past President Catskill 3500 Club
      CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Nice job Ted! Sunday definitely was a great day to be up high. Congrats to the new 35'r too!
        And because of all their tears
        Their eyes can't hope to see
        The beauty that surrounds them
        Isn't it a pity
        -George Harrison

Comment

Thanks for prompting me to check this out Ted. It turns out we have lead all 35!
          Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
          Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
          Past President Catskill 3500 Club
          CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

• MrMagoo
            MrMagoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Woohoo! Congratulations...

so you have both (Ted and Tom) led 35 hikes to 35 peaks , or led fewer hikes to all 35, ? Do you get a patch?
          And yes, Harry led over 100 hikes, long before there were herd paths, GPS's or micro spikes.

Comment

• MrMagoo
            MrMagoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Fewer to all 35 but lots of duplicates...
        Working...
        X