Central Quebec. Otish Mountain Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Quebec. Otish Mountain Range

Vast region, accessible only by float plane (130 mile trip from Manic 5). We mostly followed heights of land of major watersheds.
    Pictures
    Map showing our tracklogs as registered on my Garmin wristwatch of all things. Includes flight path into the region.

You all must have an high tolerance for bugs! I had a hard time just looking at the pictures!
    Leave No Trace! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXO1uY0MvmQ
    ThereAndBack http://www.hikesafe.com/

Comment

Looks like a nice trip. The insect photobombed pictures remind me of my trip to the Torngats a couple years ago. What I found interesting was that the first day or two the bugs were driving me nuts, and by day 10 I hardly noticed them anymore.

Would have booked something myself in remote Quebec this year too except for the stupid provincial border closure.

Comment

Neil , how hot was there?
        Were you OK hiking in a head net?
        How many people were in this team?

Comment

The bugs were a bit insane but we had done a similar hike a year ago in Les Groulx of centrel QC so knew what we were getting ourselves into in that respect. I made myself get used to the headnet because the alternative was a lot worse. Black flies up your nose, in your eyes etc. The others said my headnet was dark so perhaps there's some research to be done there.
          Weather was very warm most of the time but we had a couple of cold wet days and I was glad to have the right clothing for that.
          There were 4 in the group.

Comment

Amazing landscape, love the big open skies!

Comment

Looks like a fun trip!

I noticed a Thermacell in a couple of the photos. Did you find it to be effective?

Comment

Originally posted by dwgsp View Post
                Looks like a fun trip!

I noticed a Thermacell in a couple of the photos. Did you find it to be effective?
                Very effective. Don't leave home without it!

Comment

Working...
                X