Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying Local 2020-04-19

Well, did much walking today.

Started the morning on the neighborhood walk.
    People go on the same route but we're never at the same time; so, facemasks not necessary. Highlight was finding Ruby Crowned Kinglets at two places.

Before lunch it was onto the Vischer Ferry Preserve. I did a about 1/2 my normal route. Many cars parked at the two entrances - overfilled. I wasn't that early but got a normal parking place. Highlight was seeing the Kingfisher dive for lunch.

Wrapped up the day driving north to a 1 mile canal trail south of Olde Saratoga (Schuylerville). A place I gone to several times never seeing anybody. Passed four groups. Highlight was the Heron Rookery. It was difficult counting nests due to the number and distance involved. My count 9 Herons seen in 13 nests.

Also a Bald Eagle on a flyover at Exit 12.

Don

P.S.
    Almost everybody observing the facemask requirement when passing too close to one another. One, a boy, didn't have one but later I found a mask on the ground and I figure he'd lost his.

Nice sightings on the birds. Heron Rookerys can be one smelly place. There is one a half hour from here. Been there forever. Interesting Vultures have what ever they call a rookery somewhat above them on the same mtn...they are eerie up close in quantity.

Comment

Working...
    X