Fire towers closed temporarily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,
    yes I got the email from the DEC this afternoon, posted the announcement on our FB page and a couple others.
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Comment

Alright! I’m thinking I’d like to do an overnight where I hike Stillwater, Woodhull then St. Regis, Azure and Cathedral Rock.

Comment

• Gerard01
        Gerard01 commented
        Editing a comment
        My change in plans has me doing Stillwater on July 10th. Rain date, July 11th. Doing Bald., first. then Stillwater later in the morning.

• Makwa
        Makwa commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Gerard... good luck with the hikes. I know you said you car was having some troubles. The last place you want to take a car with bad suspension and bad brakes is 15 miles out the rough dirt road to get to Stillwater. If you're all fixed up then great. If not, perhaps a change of plans might be in order. That road will beat the hell out of your car.

That’s funny. I’ve now got plans to be in Old Forge that weekend. So I’ll hike Woodhull and Stillwater on Sunday the 11th.

Comment

Working...
      X