Cascade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascade

It sounds like there may have been a fatal incident on Cascade yesterday. Anybody have any confirmed info?
    My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

Heard nothing, yet.
    Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

I saw a friend ask if something happened on Facebook, but haven't seen anything from any official source.

Comment

Yes, there was. Probable cardiac arrest
        "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

• FlyFishingandBeer
          FlyFishingandBeer commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that update. That's very unfortunate.

Town of Keene
        Essex County
        Wilderness Recovery:
        On June 25 at 11:11 a.m., Forest Rangers responded to a report of CPR in progress on a 44-year-old hiker approximately one mile and a half from the Cascade Mountain trailhead. Two hikers found the unresponsive hiker from Latham and two medical students arrived and began CPR. At 11:45 a.m., a physician arrived and determined the subject was deceased. DEC Bureau of Environmental Crimes (BECI) Investigator Panipinto and New York State Police (NYSP) responded. Seven Forest Rangers and two Assistant Forest Rangers assisted with the recovery effort and requested NYSP Aviation support due to the difficult terrain. At 4:30 p.m., with Ranger Balerno serving as hoist operator, the subject was hoisted into the helicopter before being turned over to the Essex County Coroner.

Comment

• Hear the Footsteps
          Hear the Footsteps commented
          Editing a comment
          So young. And saddening.

• gebby
          gebby commented
          Editing a comment
          At least he had a chance with two med students and a doctor coming along to try to save him!
      Working...
      X