Ridge Trail Rescue from Rt. 73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge Trail Rescue from Rt. 73

We passed an ongoing rescue effort on 73 at 1:30pm today and again at 3:30. They were clearly using the Zander Scott Trailhead. Does anyone know what is happening?
    46er
    Saranac 6er #650

They were all gone by 6pm.

Comment

I was about to post about this. My friend just contacted me and said he and his daughter were hiking Giant and RPR yesterday. They heard that a 67-yo(?) Canadian passed away due to a heart attack.

(NOTE: This is word-of-mouth, and I have not seen any official reports of this)
      We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

More news: my friend said the sheriff held my friend and his daughter for about 20 mins at the bottom of the trail while the coroner took photos at the trailhead. His daughter thinks they passed him on the way up; no news on how the gentleman appeared. Apparently paraded away about a mile up the trail

Comment

Originally posted by MtnManJohn View Post
          Apparently paraded away about a mile up the trail
          That is "passed away".

Comment

It is always so sad to hear about someone passing away in the High Peaks, but he passed away in such a beautiful place doing something we all loved. My condolences and thoughts are with his family.
            Corey D
            46-R, 34/46W

"It looked like the Almighty had once set this vast earth rolling like the sea. And then, in the midst of its maddest flow, bid all the gigantic billows stop and congeal in their places." - J.T. Hadley, the Adirondack, or, Life in the Woods (1849)

Comment

This is the first official report I have seen of the incident:

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new...196622#!bpLv7Q

Comment

Working...
              X