No announcement yet.

Man rescued after 3 months in Quebec woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Crepuscular, billandjudy, and judging from the "poll" many others...

In "To Build a Fire" the dog had more common sense than "the Man." In this story evidently the dog had trust in his "master," and came to a sad, sorry end.

Had this character butchered his dog after two or three months I might understand; three or four days after stupidly losing his food and boat is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Biji View Post
      Had this character butchered his dog after two or three months I might understand; three or four days after stupidly losing his food and boat is pathetic.
      I didn't read that; just the one article above, and found the story too upsetting to read more about. But if that's the case... that's pretty crazy. Is the man missing some screws, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pru View Post
        I didn't read that; just the one article above, and found the story too upsetting to read more about. But if that's the case... that's pretty crazy. Is the man missing some screws, perhaps?

The 3rd & 4th paragraphs from the Toronto Sun read:
        "A bear had eaten Lavoie's food and destroyed his boat in mid-July, leaving him alone with the dog.

A few days after the bear attack, the person who spoke to QMI on condition of anonymity said Lavoie used a rock to kill his dog before eating the pet."

Loose screws? Perhaps. An attempt to make the short list for a Darwin Award? Who knows. Card-carrying member of the bizarro-world's PETA Organization (People Eating Tasty Animals)?

Gleaned from the same article, I would like to read some of survival expert Andre Francois Bourbeau's research on "hundreds of similar stories, some of which include cannibalism," if only to get the names of people whose company should be avoided when planning a trip into the bush.

Comment

Working...
        X