X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoreyD
    replied
    Originally posted by LI_Hiker View Post
    That blog is one of the more visited blogs on the internet. It was not written by the person that died. I dropped the link here so people that don't know anything about depression may have some understanding what it is like.
    Thank you for sharing that. His obituary is online. By all accounts he was a very talented drummer and avid outdoorsman, who is missed by friends and family. It is such a sad story.

Leave a comment:

• Bunchberry
    replied
    That blog is one of the more visited blogs on the internet. It was not written by the person that died. I dropped the link here so people that don't know anything about depression may have some understanding what it is like.

Leave a comment:

• idratherbehiking
    replied
    Originally posted by LI_Hiker View Post
    This might help some people understand his mindset.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...-part-two.html

My feeling is that he went hiking as a last ditch effort to feel better and it did not work.
    Was this a random blog or is this from the guy who killed himself. Either way it was a tough read because I have friends who lost this battle.

Leave a comment:

• Bunchberry
    replied
    This might help some people understand his mindset.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...-part-two.html

My feeling is that he went hiking as a last ditch effort to feel better and it did not work.

Leave a comment:

• ADKJack
    replied
    See Adkeditors post
    http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22999

Leave a comment:

• dundee
    replied
    Sad. My thoughts go out to his friends & family. Perhaps they can find some closure now.

Leave a comment:

• Jack7957
    replied
    Originally posted by Chef View Post
    There was a lot of action at the Round Pond Trailhead on Saturday 10/12. DEC and State Police. I expect some more information will be released soon.
    Here you go....
    https://www.nyspnews.com/article_dis...ticle_id=33401
    Body Of Missing Person Located

An autopsy was conducted on today’s date by Dr. C. Francis Varga, who verified the remains as Haworth and determined the cause of death to be asphyxiation due to hanging. The death has been ruled a suicide by the Coroner.

Leave a comment:

• Chef
    replied
    There was a lot of action at the Round Pond Trailhead on Saturday 10/12. DEC and State Police. I expect some more information will be released soon.

Leave a comment:

• MtnManJohn
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpine1 View Post
    Colin Gilles has not been found. I read somewhere recently DEC? is asking hunter in the region to keep an eye out for clues.
    Yes, that's what I read, too. I'm going to post this case as a new thread here for the sake of compartmentalization.

Leave a comment:

• Alpine1
    replied
    Originally posted by Raymond View Post
    Was any trace ever found of the young man who disappeared while walking along Route 3 near Tupper Lake a couple of years ago?
    Colin Gilles has not been found. I read somewhere recently DEC? is asking hunter in the region to keep an eye out for clues.

Leave a comment:

• Jack7957
    replied
    Originally posted by Raymond View Post
    Was any trace ever found of the young man who disappeared while walking along Route 3 near Tupper Lake a couple of years ago?
    No, this is a press release from last week about it...

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_dis...ticle_id=32888

Leave a comment:

• Raymond
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mavs00
    replied
    Always sad stories..... Something tells me that RS is probably right. Just from the article, I got a sense that there might be some stuff they've uncovered in the investigation to suggest a more "limited" search of the backcountry is appropriate. Not that they are doing their due-dilligence, but it hardly seems like an "all hands on deck" SAR.

Just a guess on my part. Either way, I hope it has a good resolution for all involved.

Leave a comment:

• Crepuscular
    replied
    Hiked Colvin and Blake from Elk Lake yesterday. A ranger questioned us at the end of the day as we were taking our boots off at the trail head. We had nothing to tell him other then we were looking for signs and didn't see anything.

Leave a comment:

• MtnManJohn
    replied
    Originally posted by dundee View Post
    thanks. I'd volunteer, but I'm afraind I couldn't keep up with the group; pretty slow with my old joints these days.
    I'd encourage folks to join a SAR team. The people who go out are specially trained in search techniques. The DEC does the training for the SAR groups. SARs are directed by the SDC Rangers, and not solely by by individuals or SAR teams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X