• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Gathering 2020. March 13-15

WHEN: March 13-15, 2020.

WHERE: Tmax and Topo's Hostel.
    5046 Cascade Rd, Lake Placid, NY 12946
    518-523-0123

WHO: Friends of the ADK High Peaks Foundation and all mountain lovers.

How Many: TMax-n-Topo’s holds 23 overnight guests in the bunks and we have to fill it for the event to take place. The rates are super reasonable ($31.50 per person per night, plus tax) and everyone brings their own food and drink. The Hostel has a large kitchen for all guests to use. There is a two-night minimum on winter weekends.

HOW: contact David Gomlak (518-523-0123) of hostel fame and book your bunk or room ASAP because the places are limited.

The Foundation have been running this gathering for more than a decade and it has always been a ton of fun and a huge success. Note that we request a donation so that we can continue our good works within the Forest Preserve (SAR, fire tower restoration, biological research, trail improvements and so on).
    ADKHP Foundation: the little engine that could, can and will always be able (as long as the big bucks continue to pour in).

I’ve already booked my bunk. I put my vacation request in at work, so I have my fingers crossed that I get the time to go. I’m looking forward to seeing many of the famous 46’rs and other hikers. I’ve had the honor of hiking with many 46’rs. I won’t be hiking any peaks, since I lack the equipment or funds to purchase any, but I hope to do a nice walk along the Lake Road to Ausable Lake. I’ll make my famous Bratwursts, if anyone is interested and perhaps, make a pancake breakfast with bacon on Sunday morning for everyone. I make killer pancakes by cooking them in butter and making the edges crispy. Naturally, I’ll be using real maple syrup from South Meadows up the road.
    Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

• gebby
      gebby commented
      Editing a comment
      If I go Gerard, I'll bring some extra winter gear and we'll do something together!

• Gerard01
      Gerard01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a plan! I’m anxious to try out snow shoes.

this always seems to be a weekend I work.
    Carol

Comment

Working...
    X