X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Winter Gathering After All?

March 15-17 at TMax-n-Topo's Hostel!

Are you interested?

Yes? Then you have to act fast, as in right away after reading this. All of the usual details will follow if one condition is met.

The condition?

All of the bunks and guest rooms have to be fully booked (2 night minimum) by March 1st, which is less than 2 weeks away from the date of this post.

This would be like a “return to the roots” gathering for those who remember the first gatherings we had at the Ark Trail Inn.

http://www.tmax-n-topo.com/

Telephone: 1(518)523-0123

E-mail: TMax.n.Topo@gmail.com

I just booked 2 bunks.

Comment

• Yury
      Yury commented
      Editing a comment
      What would happen if TMax-n-Top is not fully booked?

Great way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day
    “In the dust of defeat as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best.”
    ― Eric Liddell

Comment

Booked ....
      “In the dust of defeat as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best.”
      ― Eric Liddell

Comment

The reason that Topo really needs to sell out to Gathering only folks, is that we do not want a situation where there are any guests staying at TMax-n-Topo's and are not interested in the event. That way people can feel (somewhat) free to carouse and mingle at will. We can also bend the rules for 'quiet time'. Topo hopes to see many friends there!
        www.TMax-n-topo.com

Comment

• NumNum
          NumNum commented
          Editing a comment
          Only fair to be asked of.

Bump! If you are thinking about coming please book today or it may not happen.
        "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

Is there a cut-off as to the number Dave needs? I see 17 people signed up on the Facebook group for the event.

Comment

We plan to drop in - don't need a bed because we live right here, but would not miss it!

Comment

Originally posted by gebby View Post
              Is there a cut-off as to the number Dave needs? I see 17 people signed up on the Facebook group for the event.
              We need to sell all 22 bunks and the two private rooms. Both the private rooms are booked I don’t know how many bunks are left.
              today is the day!
              "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
              Ed Viesturs

Comment

• gebby
                gebby commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope it works out!

Did we make the cut topofgothics ?

Comment

We have started a food poll and request for wood on our Facebook Event Page morning please check it out and let us know what you can bring to the party
                https://www.facebook.com/events/297294317621866/?ti=ia
                Ed Viesturs

Comment

• CatskillKev
                  CatskillKev commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm happy to hear you're getting together!

There are a couple wood transportation laws. Something like no import into NYS without previous heat treatment and no transportation of more than 50 miles. Are you remembering that?
                  Last edited by CatskillKev; 03-06-2019, 02:09 PM.

• moosebeware
                  moosebeware commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CatskillKev Are you coming this time???

• CatskillKev
                  CatskillKev commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to say, but no. :-)

Hi Jack, your mailbox is full! I was going to send this as a PM...

As I'm sure you know, I'm a Keene local. I hope to stop by on Saturday evening.
                What do you need for food? I can't see anything at all on the FB page (not a member).
                What do you need for firewood? I have some extra local wood that I can bring, but again don't know what you need, can't see anything at all on FB.
                Thanks.
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tcd View Post
                  Hi Jack, your mailbox is full! I was going to send this as a PM...

As I'm sure you know, I'm a Keene local. I hope to stop by on Saturday evening.
                  What do you need for food? I can't see anything at all on the FB page (not a member).
                  What do you need for firewood? I have some extra local wood that I can bring, but again don't know what you need, can't see anything at all on FB.
                  Thanks.
                  Tom
                  Hey Tom,
                  Thanks for the heads up on the mailbox, I will attempt to clean it up today.
                  As for food as usual not a whole lot of responses so anything you would like, from a main course type food to snacks or deserts. The kitchen at the hospital is big so we ahould be able to cook or warm just about anything.
                  Any firewood you could bring would be awesome, Thanks
                  Ed Viesturs

Comment

• CatskillKev
                    CatskillKev commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The hospital? What is it?

• ADKJack
                    ADKJack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hostel not hospital:-0

• WinterWarlock
                    WinterWarlock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

For folks who also have not gone to the darkside of social medias (Facebook) We have asked people to tell us what they are bringing for food this is what we have as of 3/8 Potato and Onion Cream Soup - Alistair Bangers and Mash - Jack Frito Pie aka walking tacos - Kasey Deserts 2 people - not specified Snacks 1 person not specified Apple pie
                  Ed Viesturs

Comment

• gebby
                    gebby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gebby=apple pie

Originally posted by ADKJack View Post

Hey Tom,
                  Thanks for the heads up on the mailbox, I will attempt to clean it up today.
                  As for food as usual not a whole lot of responses so anything you would like, from a main course type food to snacks or deserts. The kitchen at the hospital is big so we ahould be able to cook or warm just about anything.
                  Any firewood you could bring would be awesome, Thanks
                  Personally, I don’t like firewood. The fibers get stuck in my teeth. Jack, you can have all you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X