2018 Gathering Food Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Gathering Food Thread

So besides doing some hiking and meeting up with new and old friends the next best part of every gathering is the food!
    So who is going to bring...
    Snack food, Chips, Cheese and Crackers, Dips, etc
    9.09%
    Beverages adult and other
    18.18%
    Healthy foods, vegtables, and or Vegan
    18.18%
    Not so healthy ( but calorie restoration) comfort food
    18.18%
    Main dish kinda stuff, lasgana, riggies, stews, filet mignon ( ok just throwing it out there)
    27.27%
    Deserts, any kind
    27.27%
    Paper Products, Plates, Cups, Plasticware
    9.09%
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

I will be bringing something filling and delicious. My shepherds pie has gone quickly in the past.
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Comment

Rumor has it, Danielle's pineapple upside-down cake is pretty good too.
      "That sounds like a terrible idea.... What time?"

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
        Rumor has it, Danielle's pineapple upside-down cake is pretty good too.
        Ya think? This alone is probably enough to get me there this year.
        Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

Comment

Bringing chilli

Comment

Mixed fruit salad. Won't clog your arteries...

Comment

So the food is one of the best parts of the gathering please bring something you enjoy and would like to share. It doesn’t need to be a lot if everyone brought enough for 3 or 4 people we always end up with too much.
              Ed Viesturs

Comment

I will bring pine needles. You don't want to know where they've been.
                I might also bring real food.

Comment

I will bring fruit platters like last year.

Comment

Bringing a vegetarian, gluten-free quinoa dish.
                    #8335W, Solo Winter 46
                    Catskill 35 (SSW) #1235
                    ADK Quest #119
                    NE 111 113/115

NPT 2019

Comment

Since I have never managed to shag my slug butt out of the woods in time to enjoy the Gathering food, I will bring the paper and plastic items from the bottom of the list, and deliver them Friday night so they are on hand Saturday. Looking forward to it all.

Comment

I'll be bringing a goat cheese and leek quiche (vegetarian). Don't know when or if it'll get there since I'll be on the Fishing Brooks crew...but that's the goal anyway...
                        'As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think'. From a Native American initiation rite
                        'Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been - Tool
                        Lyon Mountain Trail Adopter

Comment

We'll bring chicken wing dip and tortilla chips.
                          ADKHP Wiki

Comment

I've made an "Irish" Apple Crisp and we'll have a few growlers to share.
                            "Adventuring can be for the ordinary person, with ordinary qualities, such as I reguard myself" - Sir Edumnd Hillary

Comment

Working...
                            X