Project 100 e-book now available!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 100 e-book now available!

The Project-100 ebook is now available for download! In it I share the more intense hikes and my preparation. I think you'll get a sense of my increasing confidence that gave way to certainty after I endured the project's climax weekend in the Sawtooths. The book is heavily spiced with pictures. I also discuss my training regimen.

The ADK High Peaks Foundation is making the book available to you as a gift. We hope you will make a donation in order that we may continue in our efforts to educate the hiking public and preserve the mountains we all love.
    http://adkhighpeaksfoundation.org/adkhpf/project100.php

So how, exactly, do you spell my first name?
    ADK 46/46W + MacNaughton, Grid 262/552
    Photos & Stuff

Comment

...was a good read though.
      Photos & Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by autochromatica View Post
        So how, exactly, do you spell my first name?
        I fixed the spelling on the cover. It looks like it was correct through out the rest of the book.
        ADKHP Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
          I fixed the spelling on the cover. It looks like it was correct through out the rest of the book.

(Hey, if the 46ers can publish a poster for decades with 'Gray' misspelled, no worries about mine.)
          Photos & Stuff

Comment

Favourite Line: "A view to die for, but we refrained.".
            Shocking, Almost Unbelievable Fact That I'm Still Having Trouble With: MasterGrasshopper was too tired to hike one day. (Bet that's a first!)
            Glaring Omission: Your wife is a living saint.
            My Surprising Take Away: I want to do more winter hiking... but not quite thaaaaat much.

E book is a great read, and I thank you for making it available. Members, if you haven't read it, you should. And if you haven't yet donated to the foundation, do it now. You're going to pay WAY too much for yet another issue of Outside Magazine that's full of rubbish advertisements, so send that money to the foundation instead and download Neil (and Company's) journey. The photography alone is worth it...
            Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene 2.0 View Post
              Favourite Line: "A view to die for, but we refrained.".
              Shocking, Almost Unbelievable Fact That I'm Still Having Trouble With: MasterGrasshopper was too tired to hike one day. (Bet that's a first!)
              Glaring Omission: Your wife is a living saint.
              My Surprising Take Away: I want to do more winter hiking... but not quite thaaaaat much.

E book is a great read, and I thank you for making it available. Members, if you haven't read it, you should. And if you haven't yet donated to the foundation, do it now. You're going to pay WAY too much for yet another issue of Outside Magazine that's full of rubbish advertisements, so send that money to the foundation instead and download Neil (and Company's) journey. The photography alone is worth it...
              Thanks again...
              https://project100singlewinter.wordp...100-a-success/

Comment

• Charlene 2.0
                Charlene 2.0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Living. Saint.
                Thanks for the link, I'll check out the "wordy version".

That turned out very nice, Neil!
              If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Got through the whole of it in one sitting.

I'd just read Ed Viesturs book "No Shortcuts to the Top" and it has the same structure breaking up the story alternating sections about the Adventure with Background or Biography. It helps to break up the read.

Thanks.

Don

P.S. Two editorial comments
                - Have to point out an awkward sentenced on pg 40 of the PDF. "After 30 slow minutes we hit open woods again, which we followed all the way out to Joe and my trail on the Old Woods Road from the night before."
                - And on page 46 of the PDF the same picture appears twice

Comment

That's the first time anything written by me and Ed Viesturs is discussed in the same paragraph.

Comment

Working...
                  X