Phelps & Table Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phelps & Table Top

My friend Sam and I headed up from the Loj to Phelps and Table Top via Trail 61 (Van Hoevenberg), tagging both peaks via their respective trails or herd paths. We benefited from little new snow accumulation over the past week or so, so trails were all well-packed. Table Top was a bit softer, but we crossed paths with at least 15 people that day so it's in better shape.

Barebooted 61 from the Loj to Marcy Dam, and dawned the snowshoes from there beyond on suggestion, I mean, order of the ranger at the trailhead. We didn't really need snowshoes until perhaps the spur paths, but I know I saw at least one set of bareboot prints up there. tsk tsk! The snowshoes made a big difference for my Achilles, so it was a win-win for me.

Sizable new snow in the forecast for later this week, so the process will start all over again. I thank those in advance that head out to break these out again!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200201_140222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	503880
    New England 100 Highest: 1st round (all-season) Sept. 2017; 2nd round (Winter) March 2019
    Mt. Adams (12,276', Washington state,) Mt. San Gorgonio (11,504'), Helvellyn (England)

AMC Trails Co-Adopter, Zeacliff Trail (WMNF)
    Founder + Administrator, Hike the 4000 Footers of NH! Facebook group

Very nice. I’m thinking about making a visit to these peaks mid February. This would be my first winter high peak hike.

Comment

Working...
    X