X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shellio46
    started a topic Woodhull fire tower

Woodhull fire tower

Started this hike from the Mckeever parking area. Rode the mountain bike through the tall grass along the road. I'm not sure I would recommend walking this due to the fact i was wearing deet cream and spray all the while the mosquitos were still biting as if I were wearing a marinade! Took me an hour to reach the beginning of the hike up to the fire tower. Reached the tower in about 50 minutes. Not a great view but nice enough. Glad I didn't walk this. Found an abandoned bike lying across the road, strange??? Nobody around, but 3 people had signed in that day...maybe they were in an out before I arrived at noon. Be careful on the tower...all protective fencing is gone...could easily fall off leaning out too far for pics. Started at 12:30ish....back to car by 4:50pm. I think this would be pretty in the fall with color on the trees..for all the high grass and bushes..didn't pick up one tick! Safe hiking all!

• Shellio46
    commented on 's reply
    There is a gate not too far up that left road that is locked all across the road, so bike access only. My uncle has canoed and fished in the lake without much luck, just an fyi if you plan on fishing. However this was a few years ago, maybe you'll get different results.

• mudhook
    replied
    We checked out the access this week end, drove to the right after the parking lot for about 3 miles to another parking area with a cross over trail to the old rail bed. This road continues to Woodhull Lake. So the question is, is driving permitted on the left road? We plan on paddling Woodhull when we return for the tower. Also noted the camping spots along the road for future use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X