No announcement yet.

Unsupported 46 Traverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So only Part 1 of day 8 is up and I feel like its a cliff hanger!! Did they make it to sunrise? Did they make it to their ultimate goal? This is the BEST most interesting well thought out emotional TR I have ever read. Quite a life experience to share. Thanks for sharing with all of us and congratulations again!

Yeah I was like who is that and how does he know me? THinking I don't know who else was hiking up here today that knows me and for me what a late start it was! Nice meeting you both and had no idea what journey you were on when we met!

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing this trip ; what a great read and fantastic journey . I ran into you on the Sewards this summer. You were kind enough to share your back country wisdom with us before you "ran" off to make a dinner date.

Comment

I can't help feeling I've read this book before someplace... The ending was the same.... suspenseful! Can't wait!

Nicely done!
        Map and compass man!

Comment

Day 8 part 2 + 3 are up.
          Be quick - but don't hurry. -John Wooden

Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. ~Dan Bennett

Comment

Now hang on a minute. You mean you didn't walk back to Coreys to get your car?? And you call this "unsupported"?

Best trip report ever. Glad I had 8 days to read it or I never would've finished.
            Scooting here and there
            Through the woods and up the peaks
            Random Scoots awaits (DP)

Eat, sleep, hike, repeat.

It doesn't have to be viewtiful to be beautiful. (NL)

"Pushing the limits of easy."

Comment

Cory and Jan....huge congrats. This is simply amazing and truely a pleasure to read. Cory thanks for sharing all the personal tidbits. You're now much more than just a mega/ultra/durahiker, you're a real life person!!
              The pictures are great, everything was great. Thanks for taking the time to share the story with us. It probablly seems like it took you longer to write it than the actual hike.
              AWESOME!!
              Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
              Somewhere cold and caked in snow.......

Comment

Wow! Amazing feat! Congratulations Cory and Jan.

Cory, I have so enjoyed reading this fabulous TR and seeing your pics. I appreciate the very human element you consistently shared with all of us. As someone else said before (Scooter, I think), I felt like I was not just reading about your adventure, but was part of it.

You should really see about getting this published!!

Thanks for sharing.
                Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

Comment

Cory, thanks for writing this up. It really was an excellent story not just a trip report and could/should be published. And congrats again to you and Jan for an amazing accomplishment.
                  "Feats don't fail me now"

Comment

Corey and Jan, AMAZING!!!!!
                    Congratulations to you both on this truly phenominal accomplishment!!!

Corey, this is, hands down, the best TR I have ever read! (Rik's attemps to ascend Mt. Jo are good, but this was just GREAT!!!)

Congratulations to you both again!
                    "If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would decline, for life would no longer teach me anything."

Comment

Wow, amazing trip and an awesome report to document it! I agree this needs to be published. Congrats to both of you.
                      Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very fast.~Thomas Jefferson

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.~Steven Wright

Comment

Wow! That was one fantastic trip! I have to say reading about people talking about " that guy that did all 46 in like 3 days" to you and Jan with him being right there really put a smile on my face. I can only imagine what goes through Jans mind when he hears that. When I first saw this report and saw that it was a continuous hike of the 46 my first question was how did you get to Whiteface and Ester? That must have been a long long long walk on the road. I just have one question... If you were do this hike again what if anything would you do different?
                        Matt

Comment

Did you ever hear us old bucks crowing about "youth being wasted on the young"? Cory and Jan, you have taken full advantage of your fitness and vigor, and tested your personal limits. Congratulations on your achievement, and thanks for the fantastic read!
                          https://picasaweb.google.com/masshysteria1958

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Matt View Post
                            Wow! That was one fantastic trip! I have to say reading about people talking about " that guy that did all 46 in like 3 days" to you and Jan with him being right there really put a smile on my face. I can only imagine what goes through Jans mind when he hears that. When I first saw this report and saw that it was a continuous hike of the 46 my first question was how did you get to Whiteface and Ester? That must have been a long long long walk on the road. I just have one question... If you were do this hike again what if anything would you do different?
                            great question
                            "Feats don't fail me now"

Comment

a very inspiring story!

Comment

Okay....I have waited til your last page and now I am printing them....to enjoy the whole book at once

So I finished reading and this is by far the greatest TR I have ever read....as I am reading I went through alot of emotions. Very well written and very inspiring. Great job guys...what an amazing feat.

Cory...I always love running into when I hike, now its even more of an honor.

Kudos to the both of you
                                Last edited by Highonlife; 10-05-2009, 08:32 PM.
                                Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X