No announcement yet.

Unsupported 46 Traverse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to reading the rest of your Epic hike. So far its great and more than accomplishment I could even think of completing myself. Night hiking makes me nervous...but night hiking in the Santas! Thats some determination!

Comment

Beth, now you know why me and Jan were carrying large packs and walking down the road.
      Be quick - but don't hurry. -John Wooden

Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. ~Dan Bennett

Comment

I think I heard rumor of this awesome feat. Congrats guys!!! What an impressive feat. Can't wait to read the whole story.

Cindy
        Snickers
        I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
        -Maya Angelou

Comment

Yeah those packs were as big as my dog! Was wondering where you were walking to and from at that hour....Now we know.....Can't wait to continue reading. I think its a great way to do one day at a time as that's really what happens when you are out there. Great Idea!

Comment

Great stuff! Well done, and one very enjoyable read!
            Be safe --- Respect the Earth --- Have fun --- Joe H.

Comment

Just checked out the pics Cory--Very cool...What an awesome trip

Comment

Dick
                "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while care will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

Comment

Cory writing a TR? It MUST be something big...

What kind of starting pack weight were you carrying?

I feel sorry for all the people who will be made fun of in post #11.
                  Hike Always.
                  http://dunbarsm.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar View Post
                    What kind of starting pack weight were you carrying?
                    We never actually weighed our packs, but I'm guessing somewhere in the high 30s? I have most of the individual items weighed, so I'll put together and post a gear list one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jwellford View Post
                      We never actually weighed our packs, but I'm guessing somewhere in the high 30s? I have most of the individual items weighed, so I'll put together and post a gear list one of these days.
                      Yeah, I think Jan looked at it the same way I did. We had things we needed to bring. We then tried to make them as light as possible with maintaining quality. The pack was going to weigh what it was going to weigh, and feel how it was going to feel. So I didn't need to know the exact weight. Probably sounds a little funny but knowing it weighed a lot or a little wasn't going to help in my mind.

I think our original add ups came to the low 30's and we definitely added a bunch at the end. I know I did training with a pack that weighed 41 and the pack I started with actually felt a little heavier honestly.

My second guess would be that my pack weighed 50 lbs and Jan's 30 but that was just to make me feel better.
                      Last edited by Cory D; 09-25-2009, 09:47 PM.

Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier. ~Dan Bennett

Comment

The only problem with posting them all now is that modifying a post does not show up as a 'new post', but I will be on the lookout!
                        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
                        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
                        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
                        CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Originally posted by TFR View Post
                          The only problem with posting them all now is that modifying a post does not show up as a 'new post', but I will be on the lookout!
                          I thought of that and was going to post a "Day Whatever" bump post at the end and then delete it the next time I made a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by jwellford View Post
                            Holy crap! I'd take 30 pounds in just food for a trip like that!
                            "Omni Quando Flunkus Moritati"-
                            If all else fails, play dead
                            ADK 46/46 #6680

Comment

Cory and Jan,

I am looking forward to the rest of the trip. So far very well written Cory so please do not disappoint

Great job guys!

Adam

Oh yeah did you guys bring any CHEEZ WHIZ? It does not weigh that much hahahahahahahahahahaha
                              Last edited by 1ADAM12; 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM.
                              OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
                              Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Oh man, c'mon!!!! I got's to know!!!!

can't wait for the rest...
                                “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” Edward Abbey

Comment

Working...
                                X