Wright up and Wright down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright up and Wright down

With the lousy forcast for the weekend Charlene and I were able to sneak a quick hike in today. Our original plans for this weekend were the Santanonis but since the weather wasn't going to cooperate we chose Wright Peak. The colors were nice in the woods but the clouds were hanging tight on most of the peaks including Wright. No views from the summit. Charlene got to experience "the winds on Wright" which made walking on the wet rocks a little more challenging. We didn't stay long and there was no one else up there. The weather was mild down in the woods. Very humid. The rains this weekend will probably take a lot of the leaves down. This was Charlene's 28th high peak! I hadn't been up there in a few years and that was winter. The lichens on the rocks were very bright. Made up for the lack of view. Funny to know that behind those blowing clouds looms Algonquin!
    This post is for entertainment purposes only.

Originally posted by Rik
    This was Charlene's 28th high peak!
    Umm Charlene, I thought you weren't keeping count? Let us know when and where #46 is!
    https://picasaweb.google.com/masshysteria1958

Comment

Originally posted by masshysteria
      Umm Charlene, I thought you weren't keeping count? Let us know when and where #46 is!
      It is actually more like a list I'm working on! Occasionally she shows some interest in what number she's on. Of course she has planned a grand finish but I keep reminding her she needs to climb the other 17 peaks before she can finish with a bang!
      This post is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
      X