Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil
    Originally posted by Pete
    When we lifted the thing off its location, the pile was about 2 feet high.
    So, did you then dig a CAT HOLE 6 inches deep and 250 feet from a water source? Or did you carry the whole stinking mess up above tree line and practice the SMEAR TECHNIQUE?
    I tried to get someone to jump on it to pack it down, but no volunteers. Sheesh! Notice that I am the one taking pictures, not working.

http://newmud.comm.uottawa.ca/~pete/...oct1/privy.jpg
    Originally posted by Neil
    I promise, as soon as I finish with my NEXT LIST I'm gonna bust my ass on the trail crew detail. I promise.
    You know, Harry K has been saying that to me with his past 5 lists or so. Word for word.

Originally posted by MAVS00
    .... which will be Neil's HH "finish peak"
    A suggestion... in keeping with the hh style, it should be a quiet remote peak, with no views. More spiritual....
    Last edited by pete_hickey; 10-04-2005, 05:55 AM.
    Guinness: Goes in brown, comes out yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by pete_hickey
      A suggestion... in keeping with the hh style, it should be a quiet remote peak, with no views. More spiritual....
      You are so right. I hadn't thought of that at all. In fact, I had already chosen Pitchoff so family and friends could come but you just hit the proverbial nail right smack on the head! That one should be much more private. I wouldn't mind some sort of a view though.
      And only 20 people...

Comment

Think of this. You find some remote peak. The starting point is near a campground. It is also near a good micro-brew pub.

You take off on the journey alone, while the others wait... drinking beer.

You come back from the trip, spiritually refreshed, welcomed by the drunks. A real move from one world into another.
        Guinness: Goes in brown, comes out yellow.

Comment

Congrats

Neil I wish I could have been there but sounds like you had quite the crew there with you. That is awesome that many of your hiking friends showed up. Once again congrats!

Adam
          OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
          Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Well I'm really upset right now because my dad erased all our trip pictures off the camera before saving them, an accident but still :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyways I putting out a plea to everyone on the trip for any pictures you may have of us and the trip in general. In return I can offer free prints (within reason, any size up to 8x12) of pictures from this trip.

email: jburr3 @ rochester . rr . com (just take out the spaces)

Thanks
            Justin
            Last edited by Dynotrick; 10-08-2005, 10:16 AM.
            Avitar: Софиский Собор, Новгород

"My circus train pulls through the night
            Full of lions and trapeze artists
            I'm done with elephants and clowns
            I want to
            Run away and join the office"

Comment

Originally posted by Dynotrick
              Well I'm really upset right now because my dad erased all our trip pictures off the camera before saving them, an accident but still :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyways I putting out a plea to everyone on the trip for any pictures you may have of us and the trip in general. In return I can offer free prints (within reason, any size up to 8x12) of pictures from this trip.

email: jburr3 @ rochester . rr . com (just take out the spaces)

Thanks
              Justin
              Justin,

Take a look, I posted all of mine if you are in there you are welcome to whatever you want.
              http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...128215568519&&

Comment

Finally put mine up too.

Comment

My photos

http://community.webshots.com/album/477512194WLBLGJ

Here are mine, finally! Sorry it took me so long! I had a great time hiking with everyone, hope to do so again soon.

I wish I lived closer to the ADK's! If I did I would become an ADK list-o-maniac for sure!
                  Music is the grease that makes life worth living. Please check out some of mine at www.thesixtyone.com/Funkyfreddy

Comment

Working...
                  X