Northville Placid Thru Hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northville Placid Thru Hike

No summits here and just barely in the western High Peaks. In the beginning of the month I set out to thru hike the NPT. I wrapped up the hike on the 6th. I have a photo heavy and thorough TR at my website at the link http://www.tomcatsadventures.com/202...cid-trail.html

Here is a small sampling of photos Click image for larger version

Name:	NPT Thru hike sept 2020 093.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	508953 Click image for larger version

Name:	NPT Thru hike sept 2020 025.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	508952 Click image for larger version

Name:	NPT Thru hike sept 2020 118.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	508954 Click image for larger version

Name:	NPT Thru hike sept 2020 189.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	508955 Click image for larger version

Name:	NPT Thru hike sept 2020 146.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	508956

People tell me about their dream vacations to Europe. I just quietly hope I get to do this hike.
    Leave No Trace! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXO1uY0MvmQ
    ThereAndBack http://www.hikesafe.com/

Comment

Awesome report and photos! I've been hoping to do this thru-hike for about 15 years but timing never worked out. The details you included were great.
      We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing ~ Satchel Paige

Comment

We did the through hike in 2007. 8 days. We were blessed with great weather in late August.

Very worthwhile. Some poor trail maintenance, but overall a great trip.

Comment

Great report and photos. A bit wet , but sounds like you had a nice secluded hike.

Comment

Excellent TR and photos.

I had to section the NPT and due to time restraints got to enjoy very little of it. Those of you who get to do it the right way are very fortunate.
            My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the west.

Comment

I'm working on doing it in sections. I could never get the vacation time off to do it.
              Nothing like being in the woods.

http://www.gerardsadirondackpics.shutterfly.com

Comment

Very nice trip report, thanks for sharing. I am slightly skeptical of your judgement after seeing what you did with all that pizza crust though, that hurts.

Comment

I think our dogs ended up with the crusts. I’m glad the dogs got them because I didn’t know it at the time but my 14 yo dog was in his last 2 weeks of life so I’m glad he got them. It was pizza from a Stewart’s which is just ok the crust was thick and doughy. Better crust I would have ate.

Comment

• ILikeRocks
                    ILikeRocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very sorry to hear about your pup, in all seriousness though it was a real nice trip report.

Wow, that was refreshing to read...thanks for sharing it. The value of getting into the woods can't be overstated.

Comment

Nice report! I hiked that one a few years ago and remember very well how incredibly slippery those bog bridges were. I ended up referring to them as the logs of death, I swear you can fall down just by looking at them. I lucked out with a 1/4 mile hitch up Tarbell Rd and was pretty stoked at my good fortune when I saw how steep of a road walk it was.

Comment

• LeftRightLeft
                      LeftRightLeft commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Creosote! I couldn't remember the name. Those boards are treated with creosote to waterproof them and that is what makes them as slippery as ice when they are wet (which they always are).

Great TR, very comprehensive. I enjoyed reading it and checking out all the photos!

Comment

Excellent TR! And your site is great. Keep up the awesome adventures. I did the NPT back in 1982 and makes me want to get after it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianD View Post
                        Excellent TR! And your site is great. Keep up the awesome adventures. I did the NPT back in 1982 and makes me want to get after it again.
                        Thanks for the comments on my website. I bet the NPT changed a bit since then.

Comment

Working...
                        X