Dix range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dix range

I want to first thank everyone who gave me imput on this hike. Did Macomb,S.Dix,Grace on Sun. Didn't have time to do Hough because it was 3:00 and I'm on S.Dix with about 2 hrs. Round trip to Hough and clouds were comming in and wind was picking up so I decided to bail. Plus Inhad the long walk out on the Lillian brook trail. And it was long! While I was on the trail I heard the thunder comming so I guess it was a good desision .Kinda bummed I didn't get Hough but it'll have to wait. The trails were in excellent shape. Best trails I've been on so far. Very little mud but the bugs were relentless! Non stop! Was a very long day. Does anyone know of a good way to go back and get Hough? I suppose I can just go straight up the Lillian brook trail but that seems long.

Congratulations. Go at Hough from Dix or up the Boquet Valley

Comment

• Ud56
      Ud56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the Bouquet Valley easier than going to Dix over Beckhorn and out? It looks to be. How is that trail?

Congratulations on what you got.

I attest to the bugs yesterday.
    First time in quite some time I was dealing with Horse Flies. Also deer flies, regular flies.
    What I hated most were the no-see-ems because more than once I got one in an eye. Stopped me completely.
    I whacked a Horse Fly pretty good. But only stunned it. It dropped to the ground but got up and flew away after a couple seconds.

Also heard the thunder on way out. At the Parking Area, a short spurt of very light rainfall.

Don

Comment

• Ud56
      Ud56 commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally agree. I finally got the one out of my eye yesterday! I don't know which ones were the worst.

Are you trying to get both Dix and Hough? I think the Boquet herd path is easier to follow than the Lillian Brook herd path.
    Mike

ADK 46r #8003; 6W
    2nd round: 16
    SL6r #596
    Catskill 3500 21/39; 11W

Comment

• Ud56
      Ud56 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of doing them separate.But I could do them together.

• Old Hunter
      Old Hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Do one and then when you summit if you feel like doing the other and have the time, etc. do it.

Mike, where did you park when you did MaComb, South Dix and Grace?

Comment

• MTVhike
      MTVhike commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're asking me, I have never done that combination. The first time I did Macomb, I started at Elk Lake and did South and Hough. Every time I have done Grace (twice), it was from 73, and the second time I added South. I was going to complete the loop to Dix, but lightning on Dix was threatening, so I turned back down the Boquet to 73.

Mike
Working...
X