Seymour 6/26/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour 6/26/20

I wasn't sure what to expect on Seymour, but the views were better than I thought they would be. The route hardly had any mud. The black flies were brutal near the outcropping by the summit.
    I have the full TR and lots of photos at my website at the link.

http://www.tomcatsadventures.com/202...-mountain.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour%2BMtn%2B6.26.20%2B015.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	507360
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour%2BMtn%2B6.26.20%2B020.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	507361 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour%2BMtn%2B6.26.20%2B031.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	507362

Nice-thanks. Brings back many memories.

Comment

Thanks for the write and pics, good to see you and Choya back out there.
      I think a main memory I took from my trip to that range 2 summers ago that was triggered by one of your pics, was so many frogs and toads.
      35er #3133
      46er #11779

"Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds"
      Zarathustra

Comment

Originally posted by bikerhiker View Post
        Thanks for the write and pics, good to see you and Choya back out there.
        I think a main memory I took from my trip to that range 2 summers ago that was triggered by one of your pics, was so many frogs and toads.
        We have been out, just not hitting the High Peak summits. Last year when I did the rest of the Sewards it seemed like more smaller toads. This hike the roads seemed much bigger.

Comment

Nice report! I remember a lot of toads when I hiked along that stretch as well. Looking on your link at one of the pictures on the descent, I think that was the same way I took both up and down (the large rock ledge on the side). I was dutifully going up the slide until that point, but I had to bail to climbers right for a short stretch, as it just looked a bit too steep for me at the time. I remember it only being a short detour. Maybe that is the accepted path now, or maybe it has always been?

Comment

Nice pics. You caught a great day. I've only had sun on Seymour once.

I keep thinking about going back in there. Then I remember Ouluska Pass and ST9 and am quickly reminded why I've been avoiding Coreys. Just checked. Yup. Gonna take another pass this week. Averyville is beautiful this time of year.
            Adopt a natural resource. Give back.

Comment

Nice pics, my trip a few years ago was in the rain, I may have to go back.....

Comment

Working...
              X