Panther Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Mountain

Not to be confused with the High peak in the Santanoni range. This is a very small peak, less than 500' of elevation gain, and only 1.2 miles round trip. This is a great hike for a family, or like me an out of shape surgery recovering fool.

I wanted to post this as this hike would be a nice leg stretch after a long ride up to hike the Sewards, or even for after the Sewards, before the long ride home.

It is an easy hike, with not much for muddy trail issues, plus gives you a nice view of the northwest side of the Seward ranges whence you cometh or goeth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	506952

A little bit more narrative and pictures can be found here.
    If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Congrats on getting back out there, and thanks for the great pics on the link, definitely looks like a win.
    I think this is one of the mountains i pass by headed back home and have always wondered about it, it is the impressive rocky knob on the right of Rt 3 as you are headed towards Tupper from SL?
    35er #3133
    46er #11779

"Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds"
    Zarathustra

Comment

At one point in time it was treeless and the view much more enjoyable than now...but as Craig said, its a nice leg stretch and would be nice for a beginner or young child.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerhiker View Post
        Congrats on getting back out there, and thanks for the great pics on the link, definitely looks like a win.
        Thank you, its great to get back out.

Originally posted by bikerhiker View Post
        I think this is one of the mountains i pass by headed back home and have always wondered about it is the impressive rocky knob on the right of
        Rt 3 as you are headed towards Tupper from SL?
        I don’t know to be honest if you are seeing Panther or another mountain. The rock ledge might be visible in the fall, but seems shrouded somewhat this past weekend.

If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

• Charlene 2.0
          Charlene 2.0 commented
          Editing a comment
          You see it seemingly right in front of you as you come out of Corey’s Road onto 3.

Its the same as I have near same photos as you Craig, especially of that rotting tree and the boulders. I'll bet that was a real triumph for you.

Comment

• Craig
          Craig commented
          Editing a comment
          It was an emotional return to something I thought I had lost.

• Old Hunter
          Old Hunter commented
          Editing a comment
          If I recall correctly you live in or near the Forks correct? If so do you know if the, 'Haystack Mtn' by Clintonville is open to climbing and are you up for Catamount or maybe Silver Lake Mtn.?

• Craig
          Craig commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in Plattsburgh. Not sure on Haystack, do you know if it is state land or private?

I'm not ready for Catamount, feel free to send me a pm.

I have done that one a few times as a quick leg stretcher on the way home. Nice little mountain. Good to hear you are getting out there again.

Comment

Love “Tiniest Panther”. I add it to the Tupper Triad. It’s as pretty as a picture. Wish they plowed out the little parking area across the road from the trailhead in winter, it’s dodgy parking there...

Comment

Working...
          X