LWJ, UWJ, Armstrong, Gothics and Sawteeth yesterday>>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWJ, UWJ, Armstrong, Gothics and Sawteeth yesterday>>>>

I drove up, hiked alone, and didn't encounter a soul all day long. I drove straight home after the hike without stopping, which kinda sucked since I was super hungry but I am trying to extremely limit contact with stores.

I did LWJ first and ended on Sawteeth. About 2-4 inches of new snow on Gothics and Sawteeth. The exposed ridge on Gothics had insane pummeling wind and a large cornice. Otherwise, it was a comfortable temperature all day long. Very firm consolidated trails made for a quick pace. I was back to Saint Huberts in less than 10 hours RT. I was glad to take advantage of the last day of Winter 46r climbing. Almost 1/3 done with the Winter 46 now.

We could all use a good laugh right now:
    Me on ARM (not so) STRONG yesterday:

I was on Jay yesterday and saw the clouds tickling the tops of the High Peaks much of the day. Looks like you were in some of those clouds.

Originally posted by SpencerVT View Post
    I drove straight home after the hike without stopping, which kinda sucked since I was super hungry but I am trying to extremely limit contact with stores.
    Sounds like my drive home. I always stop somewhere to eat and patronize local businesses. But I did pack a rather horrible peanut butter sandwich for the ride home. Not sure if going hungry or forcing down my sandwich was worse.

Congrats on getting 5 yesterday. One was more than enough for me.

Comment

might want to bring food and drink along for the near future-

Comment

Your strong arm photo got a good chuckle out of me, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X