X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funkyfreddy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
    Nice shots! I especially love the Great Range from Dial! The sunset was cool too. Was that taken from the Noonmark Shoulder?
    Believe it or not, the shot was taken on Dial, so we had a long walk east over Bear Den and the shoulder of Noonmark in the dark.

I have to go back to Noonmark in the daylight now to get another look at the area. This past August we hiked Sawteeth and Colvin/Blake while attending Spencer's ADK BBQ, so it's been nice seeing this area in both summer and winter conditions this past year. Thanks, Fred

Leave a comment:

• Craig
    replied
    Beauty of a hike!! Nice picks!

Going through Elk pass at night, now that could be spooky.

Leave a comment:

• leaf
    replied
    I hiked Dial and Nippletop on the 23rd, and it was a really great hike! Got out at dark too. I made the loop up the peaks and then down to Elk Pass and out. Winter hiking seems to involve alot of 'out by headlamp'! There were so many beautiful views and the moonrises were great last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 1ADAM12
    replied
    Nice shots! I especially love the Great Range from Dial! The sunset was cool too. Was that taken from the Noonmark Shoulder?

Leave a comment:

• Mavs00
    replied
    Wow, great shots. As we were leaving town yesterday, I was telling Katie I wished I was out in the mountains, because of how it was clearing up. Could tell it was gonna be a dandy of an afternoon.

From your shots, I can see that it was. Awesome. I loved the dusk and sunset shots.

Leave a comment:

• funkyfreddy
    started a topic Photos from Nippletop + Dial ADK's 11/26/07

Photos from Nippletop + Dial ADK's 11/26/07

Gail and I got a late start yesterday morning at 9:15 and headed into hike Nippletop and Dial from the AMR parking lot. Conditions were fairly wintery, as crampons were needed all along the ridge line to negotiate the icy ledges. I banged my knee pretty good going up Nippletop, luckily it didn't bother me much until after the hike was over.

We ended up getting out hours after dark by headlamp, the icy conditions and darkness slowing us down considerably, lol. I hope you enjoy the photos! Thanks, Fred

By the way, we picked up a snowshoe going up Nippletop yesterday. If you know anyone who's lost one up there please PM or e-mail me and we'll try to get it back to you.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561573215JALLLp
Working...
X