Pi Day March 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi Day March 14

I hadn't thought about it until I was writing in the register. It's was Pi day today. Pi 3.14159.

Anyway. I climbed Big Slide. It was on my March list. There had been some snow. No more than an inch but it was sticky and balled up on my snowshoes. All the way to the top. The only relief was under the thick spruce but that wasn't too much. The descent was much much better.

Above the 2nd Brother I put on the rain coat as the trees were dripping rain. Hypothermia weather I thought.

On the descent I crossed paths with former 46r Prez Brian H. We chatted. And he with a reminder, connected me with the bucket brigade hauling gravel last summer doing trail work in the Santas. I expect to return for more this summer. He said he be there too.

There were three other groups ascending as I descended. At the second Brother I switched the raincoat for a fleece. If was warm and I started to dry out.

Weather conditions made for some nice pictures that are attached.

Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hear the Footsteps; 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM.

I was in there yesterday, went over the Brothers and down Slide Brook, I had similar views
    Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

Comment

• Hear the Footsteps
      Hear the Footsteps commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. Been awhile. The rising/condensing moisture over the peaks is magical, isn't it?

P.S. Good luck on your big hike this weekend.

Thanks...yes magical for sure, and the butt sliding was fun too
    Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

Comment

• Hear the Footsteps
      Editing a comment
      I was way too wet to want to butt slide yesterday. Snow changed a lot. It would have great for making a snowman.

I was out there as well, with the intent of heading up Saddleback. The fresh snow balling up on my shoes finally got the better of me after a nasty pitch forward into the hillside. I didn't anticipate the descent being much better...or safer for that matter, so I bailed. I didn't expect the temps to climb as high as they did, as fast as they did... this weekend looking much better for traction.

Comment

• Hear the Footsteps
      Editing a comment
      Right, this weekend, especially Sunday, looks much better.
Working...
X