No announcement yet.

Black Mountain Fire Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news!!! It does appear that more women will winter hike, but when it comes to winter backpacking there are not many. Sadly I have to say that when I lead or participate in winter backpacks I am the only woman over 95% of the time and I lead for AMC NY/NJ chapter and Delaware Valley chapter. That is one of the reasons I lead winter trips to try to encourage more women to come out and winter backpack. I hope they will say, hey if she is doing it I can too.

Cindy
    Snickers
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    -Maya Angelou

Comment

Snickers-
      Let me know when you plan your next winter overnight backpack. I'd love to join you!
      Joanne
      My BREATH OF FRESH AIR PHOTOGRAPHY Website
      My Picasa Public Photo Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
        Snickers-
        Let me know when you plan your next winter overnight backpack. I'd love to join you!
        Joanne
        You will be joining her on 3/10!
        Tom Rankin - 5444W "In the depths of Summer, I finally learned that there lay within me an invincible Winter"

Proud Member #0003 of ADKHP Foundation
        Volunteer Balsam Lake Mountain
        Past President Catskill 3500 Club
        CEO Views And Brews!

Comment

Great TR and nice pictures. When I clicked on the pictures, though, I was concerned that no one was wearing orange. The area you hiked is actively hunted and the big game season is in full swing.
          On a 'whack of Buck Mt weekend before last, we ran into a camo-clad hunter fairly high up far from the trail.
          Not criticizing, just concerned.
          "The mountains are like a museum where the exhibits change every month" ...Ralph Ryndak, Catskill Explorer

Comment

Hey Joanne, I will definitely let you know the next time I am backpacking up that way.

Thanks - Cindy
            Snickers
            I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
            -Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
            X