Adams 5-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adams 5-18

Took my dog up this one, it was his second firetower peak. I couldn't get over how quick it was to get to the summit of this one, or that people had been having campfires under the tower. My dog figured out that he doesn't enjoy suspension bridges, and that he would rather swim across that first lake(jimmy or sally) than risk another bridge crossing. No snow on the ground at all, but some snow falling from above on the summit. I didn't get to climb the tower, because my dog started following me, and that freaked me out a little, so I enjoyed the views from the herd paths on the top. Lots of cobwebs across the trail the entire route, so I think that bug season is probably about to pick up. Eyed fishing brook from the parking area right before newcomb. Looks like quite a bushwack.
    set the gear shift for the high gear of your soul...T.A.

Doug, It's good to see that you've broken the bonds at work and have been able to hike again. I should be able to get back on the trail sometime in July - keep in touch (MacNaughton is calling me!).
    "It's a beautiful day!" - Fellow hiker Shin Murnane's (5785W) last words at Marcy Dam 3/28/09
    46er #5357W
    Check out my "MOUNTAIN BLOG" http://bvanhise.blogspot.com/ AND ALGonquin Bob's Paddle Guide

Comment

Working...
    X