X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray & Skylight

Trip saturday, 2/16/13

4 of us crossed Marcy dam on the ice instead of bridge, lake arnold trail,
    Sparty & Bill broke trail up to Gray so all you hikers for the winter gathering have them to thank Gorgeous view from Gray, was sunny and soft snow at the same time, like a snow globe, just beautiful! then even more miraculous views from Skylight, even with the wind! Couldn't ask for a more beautiful winter hike, saw a few coming down the backside of Marcy, stated they absolutely needed crampons for that. Long but happy trek back the same way we came
    As defined by Nietzsche in "Conquistadors of the Useless"; "The secret of knowing the most fertile experiences and the greatest joys in life is to live dangerously"

Nice job! What was your start and end time?
    If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

I think Joe Cedar broke out the herdpath on 2/14 to both peaks. There will be a few hikers trying for Gray/Skylight this Saturday and it may look unbroken by then. We have all day to find Clay (Rookie) on Gray. I just hope we get there in time for the summit photo. Thanks for the TR.. Mike D.

Comment

Nice job...don't you love the climb to get to those mountains.
        What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Great job! Glad you had a nice day!

Comment

Nice job . Im glad you had good views .

Snowing in the southern ADKs now already 4-5 inches so I am thinking ppl will be breaking trail again this weekend .
            Not all those who wander are lost....JRR Tolkien

Comment

Left about 6:45 am and back maybe around 6:30, used headlamps just for about the last 1/2 mile, must have snowed again since we had to break trail, very slight little indentations helped guide us to where the trail had been though. Most likely will be another covering before this saturday.
              As defined by Nietzsche in "Conquistadors of the Useless"; "The secret of knowing the most fertile experiences and the greatest joys in life is to live dangerously"

Comment

Working...
              X