Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algonquin Iroquois 2-16-13

Pictures

GeoDacker, Num Num, Ed Ed and Eddy and myself left the lodge with these two peaks in mind. We made pretty good time to the junction of Wright and Iroquois and as it got steeper some in the group got slower.

Mark had told me he was not going to continue to Iroquois and either was Ed. So Num Num and I said we were going to continue on and went on a head. When we reached Big Al the "cloud" rolled in and obstructed views. There was no wind which is weird for these peaks. Craig and I just chilled on summit waiting for the cloud to lift. Eventually it did and views were amazing.

At this point Craig said he was going to stay behind, and I needed Iroquois so I was going on. I met two really cool guys on the summit. Sylvye from Montreal and Eric from Poughkeepsie. We followed each other to Iroquois. Thanks guys for the company!

From Boundry to Iroquois spruce traps were all over. I never hit one but you could see where people in front of us did HAHAHAHAHAHA glad it was not me Once on summit there still was not any wind at all! AWESOME!!!!! We got our pics hung out for a while and then headed back to Algonquin.

The wind picked up some as we summited and I took more pics as the views were better than earlier. Mark, Ed and Craig were already gone so I would hook up with them later at the Loj. Eric and Sylvye accompanied me to the Wright Junction and we parted ways. They headed for Wright and I headed for Loj. I hiked Wright 2 years ago for Dean G winter finish so I did not need it.

I made it back to Loj and the other guys had only been waiting about an hour for me. They hung on Algonquin for a while soaking in the views. What a stellar day to be in the mountains!!!!!!!

Only 8 left but not sure I will finish this year. If not the mountains will be there next winter making it so much more AWESOME!!!!!!! Pictures to come!

Adam
    OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 46/46 ADK
    Easy Cheese and Cheez Whiz 46/46 winter

EASY CHEESE and The Cheez Whiz 20/35 CATS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice!! Thanks for the invite.
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
    Somewhere cold and caked in snow.......

Comment

Very nice! Way to get those done without wind. Pictures are outstanding as usual. Let me know when you're going for the finale.
      "Where I'm goin', I don't know
      But I'll be headed out in sun, rain, hail or snow"
      -The Saw Doctors

Comment

It was actually colder coming up the north face of Algonquin than it was on the summit. It was a great day to be out, and we lucked out with no wind, and the clouds parting. A beauty of a day, met new friends, got some sun and fresh air.

Nice pics Adam.
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Hey, Adam, I second Adkdremn comment, thanks for the invite. How could you leave your good buddy at home? Cheesquiz
          What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

At least you got some nice pictures.
            What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Congrats, Adam. Nice to know you are now down in the single digets. Get 'em done this year:>)
              46R - #4541W
              CL50 - #100
              Northville-Placid Trail :
              Saranac 6 - Winter

Comment

Originally posted by RTSpoons View Post
                Hey, Adam, I second Adkdremn comment, thanks for the invite. How could you leave your good buddy at home? Cheesquiz
                He was invited if the truth be told. Right Andrew?
                OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

Comment

You have some absolutely beautiful photos there - thanks for sharing!
                  An OLD man once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING.

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack Ladies View Post
                    You have some absolutely beautiful photos there - thanks for sharing!
                    Thanks! That is just a sample. I took over 200 pictures on Saturday.
                    OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

Comment

I was down hiking Blue Mt while you were up there. From the fire tower there is a good view of the high peaks. So I guess I saw you.

Count me in for your finish also.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ADAM12 View Post
                        He was invited if the truth be told. Right Andrew?
                        I believe you....Andrew becoming an armchair hiker.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Traveling over to Iroquois (or 1ADAM12 spelling IRAQ-ouis) was very tempting and I will probably kick myself later since the weather was stellar. I was hoping to save Iroquois for my last peak on the regular round. It was a great day to be out will all you Donkeys. EEEEE-AWWW!

-M
                          ADK 46/46 20W
                          Catskills 39/39 27W
                          NE115 103/115

Comment

Sounds like too many Eds up on Al/Ir saturday (bumped into you folks a bit below the junction on the way up I think and Adam just as you were headed off of Al towards Ir). Nice shots!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by FoulHooked View Post
                              Sounds like too many Eds up on Al/Ir saturday (bumped into you folks a bit below the junction on the way up I think and Adam just as you were headed off of Al towards Ir). Nice shots!

Ed
                              Were you hiking alone or with another group? I am trying to picture who you were. At the point you saw me I was hiking with 2 guys I just met on Algonquin.

Adam
                              OUTDOOR SHOTS

More hiking Pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X