Panther, Couch, Santa and Express!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tag View Post
    The group I was hiking with ran into a couple small groups coming out shortly after we began. Perhaps we crossed paths!
    Tag, we did this hike on Saturday, 2/16. I guess we didn't actually say that anywhere in the discussion.

Comment

Tag - We hike Sat. 2/16. You hiked Sun. 2/17, right? Maybe this w/e we will cross paths? Are you hiking soon?
      inclined to climb...

Comment

LOL!!! We are all crossing paths on the forum now!! :-)
        inclined to climb...

Comment

Originally posted by Inge View Post
          LOL!!! We are all crossing paths on the forum now!! :-)
          I was in the group TAG was in yesterday. I think there may be several broken paths (to an extent) down the Express Trail now.

Funny, when we were heading up the Bradley Pond trail yesterday morn, TAG saw what appeared to be a well-broken path on the Express Trail, which got my hopes up that it would be the same coming off Santanoni. WRONG! I got my snowshoe taken off by a spruce trap at the end. Ahh, the adventure
          We are closer now than we were five minutes ago

Comment

no compass or GPS. Just made a B-line towards the tip of Henderson. In the end we broke out onto the trail perhaps a 100 yards or so from where the actual express trail came out. We could trace cut branches and a solid path for a couple hundred feet down,but the snowdrifts erased any memories of previous descents

Comment

Thanks Inge and Doug V for setting the track down the Express. We were there on Monday 2/18 and could follow down for a couple hundred vertical feet before the wind erased the tracks. At that point we made our own tracks and came out right above the "Hillary Step" ledge that in the summer you can skirt around or climb right up. Once at the bottom we picked up your track again and followed down into the brook. The brook section was great-only too short. We'll have to figure out how to intersect it a little higher up and make it last longer. It was a nice surprise ending to an excellent day!

Comment

Working...
              X