Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall

Hiked from Upper works with Lori (Adk Ladies) and Nicole Robbins. This was to be Nicole's 35th on her quest for the 46. Trail was hard packed and we made good time on microspikes to the Flowed Lands. We started out across the Pond and ran into Bob N. who told us that there was open water on the other end and no way across. Thank you to Bob for saving us from a longer trek. Back we went to pick up the trail around the lake. Hiked most of the way up to Marshall on microspikes but changed to snowshoes just short of the summit. On the summit did our pics and headed down.

Back at the Lean-to we ran into Bark Eater who was waiting for Bob N. as they had ridden together but did different hikes. Said he was successful on bushwhacking to Calamity Mt. We visited for awhile and were off.

Great to meet you Bark Eater and Bob N. hope we will run into you again in the mountains. Pics below on link.
    http://murphspics1.shutterfly.com/#:albumId=941
    The reward for climbing is not applause but new sight.-
    unknown

Sorry Rik, I forgot to mention that we saw you in the parking lot as we got out of our cars. I was really tired last night and wrote without much thought.
    It was good to see you again and I see you made it up Redfield.
    The reward for climbing is not applause but new sight.-
    unknown

Comment

Darn! I'm hiking Marshall this Saturday and was hoping to hike across Flowed Lands! Darn!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, but darn!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report and the pictures Murph! Glad to see it is still winter in the mountains.
        It is fun to just be out in the snow even if you don't get a great summit view.
        Think outside...no box required !

Comment

love the pics esp the bridge photo op... bridges freak me out . You are very brave Thanks for sharing .
          Not all those who wander are lost....JRR Tolkien

Comment

Yeh for Nicole!!!!! Wish I could have been two places at once JK
            An OLD man once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING.

Comment

Originally posted by tag View Post
              Darn! I'm hiking Marshall this Saturday and was hoping to hike across Flowed Lands! Darn!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, but darn!!!!!

It's supposed to be cold all week.
              Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination - health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and a joy to the soul. - John Burroughs

Comment

Very nice meeting you ladies on the mountain, thanks for the TR and Pics. Lori, such a small world with our mutual friends in Peru. Hope to see you on the trails again. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Rik
                  I went across yesterday.
                  Rik, It must of been you who passed Barkeater and I on the trail. I followed your tracks across the Flowed Lands, but was more than a little nervous (218lbs). I crossed the main channel where you did, where the ice jammed up and was solid. I then made several attempts to veer to the left towards the lean too but found open water each time. I decided to turn back because I wasn't sure I could find a spot to cross the stream above the flowed lands, based on using the high water bridge on Calamity brook. After recrossing the main channel I tried skirting along the cliffs but got to a point where I decided to turn back and take the trail around the flowed lands. Perhaps if I kept going I would have found a safe spot to cross to get to Marshall, but I decided on going back to use the trail. Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X