Clear All

• Phelps 1 19 2013 Part 2

Just some more photos:

Our Group on Summit:

Jamie and Jeremy's first winter high peak:

Not much snow on summit:

Happy Hikers we met along the way:

A self proclaimed 'lurker':

Check out the gear this couple from Quebec hauled in to spend the night and hike the trap dyke. They did attempt it but turned back due to conditions:

Just hamming it up

There was not enough space to post everyone's photos so here is link to view all.

http://imgur.com/a/ELBh4

Happy Trails.
    An OLD man once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING.

Great Pics, you have a knack for capturing the fun we hikers have on the trail.

Comment

Parts one and two look great.....seems there was many people out. Loved all the happy faces
      Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

Comment

Nice report Ladies
        Part 1 & 2
        Yvon,
        Montreal, Quebec, Canada

--------------------------------
        Les randonnées de Annie et Yvon (Website)
        Photo galery Yvon Daigle

Comment

Looks like a great day out!
          What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Nice report and pictures. I was the trip leader for the enthusiastic group out of University of Buffalo. It was nice meeting you and so many others on the trails. Everyone was very friendly. I'm glad to see that we weren't the only ones to partake in the unofficial study to see if recently met hikers will put their hands up in a picture. I was a surprised at how many groups we ran into throughout the day, Table Top seemed even busier than Phelps.
            33/46
            5/46W

Comment

Fun hike with a great group. It was nice to meet so many along the trail.
              The reward for climbing is not applause but new sight.-
              unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Adirondack Ladies View Post
                Just some more photos:

Our Group on Summit:

Jamie and Jeremy's first winter high peak:

Not much snow on summit:

Happy Hikers we met along the way:

A self proclaimed 'lurker':

Check out the gear this couple from Quebec hauled in to spend the night and hike the trap dyke. They did attempt it but turned back due to conditions:

Just hamming it up

There was not enough space to post everyone's photos so here is link to view all.

http://imgur.com/a/ELBh4

Happy Trails.
                Looks like fun-getting psyched up for some peaks this weekend. How cold was it in the peaks?

Comment

You had a great group there - it was fun chatting with you all.

Originally posted by sapper24 View Post
                  Nice report and pictures. I was the trip leader for the enthusiastic group out of University of Buffalo. It was nice meeting you and so many others on the trails. Everyone was very friendly. I'm glad to see that we weren't the only ones to partake in the unofficial study to see if recently met hikers will put their hands up in a picture. I was a surprised at how many groups we ran into throughout the day, Table Top seemed even busier than Phelps.
                  An OLD man once said …There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVING.

Comment

Williamb: Looks like fun-getting psyched up for some peaks this weekend. How cold was it in the peaks?

It was actually quite a mild day in the 30's but the summit winds made it colder on top. There is an opening in the trees to take shelter from the wind on the summit.

Comment

Nice report. Looks like you had a great day.

Don

Comment

By the way, who is the Flying Nun in the back of the picture (the one wearing the black hat)?
                        What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by RTSpoons View Post
                          By the way, who is the Flying Nun in the back of the picture (the one wearing the black hat)?
                          Oh just another Adk Lady we picked up along the way

Comment

1/19 was fun

Hi there,

I thought I saw you on the way down from Phelps. I had the soon to be antique Sherpa snowshoes strapped to my pack. Just wanted to give you props for being out there in the elements! It was a great day for Phelps and Tabletop!

~Shawn

Comment

Working...
                            X