No announcement yet.

Lost Pond - Found Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She wants to come on a hike with me this summer. We've been doing 10K loops over Mt. Royal (500 foot gain) three times a week to get her in shape. Today we went straight up a talus slope, maybe 250 vertical feet. I said to imagine doing that for a couple of hours maybe. She said sure because it obviously wouldn't be that steep all the way. No, said I, steeper.
    I thought I'd take her up Algonquin - lots of bang for the buck. It'll be in June on a sunny tues or thurs if anybody's interested.

Those paths around Mt Royal are great. Whenever I've been up there, I've seen a lot of people taking advantage of that beautiful park. I try to use Cobbs Hill Park the same way, but it is nowhere near the size of Mt Royal.

Comment

"She thinks a lot of us look a little too, ah, how shall I say it, generously fleshed out to be hikers."

I think it was wide angle lens distortion (always shoot portraits with the telephoto lens setting).

Of course, Doug does call himself the "largest 46-r"!...
      "It's a beautiful day!" - Fellow hiker Shin Murnane's (5785W) last words at Marcy Dam 3/28/09
      46er #5357W
      Check out my "MOUNTAIN BLOG" http://bvanhise.blogspot.com/ AND ALGonquin Bob's Paddle Guide

Comment

Working...
      X