• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Bourque
    replied
    The gate is closed for the season.

From the NYSDEC website;
    • The gate on Corey's Road at the Raquette Falls Trailhead is closed for the winter months. The gate is expected to re-open in May 2021. Access to the Seward Range will require an additional 3 miles each way. Visitors can still hike, ski, and snowshoe the road. Users might encounter logging equipment from a private landowner's logging operation.
    • South Meadows Road is closed to public vehicle traffic for the winter season. Users may still walk, ski, and snowshoe the road.

Leave a comment:

• HPFairy
    commented on 's reply
    I was hoping for snow so I could drag a sled to try out some new winter gear, but no snow yet! I'll be hoofing it. :-)

• mbowler
    replied
    So no cheating by driving to the summer trailhead for winter ascents on the Sewards this year. Break out the skis!

Leave a comment:

• Hear the Footsteps
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. They didn't give much time for hunters to clear out after Big Game Season.

Or maybe they know who is there, check and close the gate when gone; which, apparently was quick.
    I saw one camping trailer in the campsites that are visible from the road on Dec 3.

• HPFairy
    replied
    Thank you both so much! I just called Kevin and he confirmed that the road is closed as of today.

Leave a comment:

• gebby
    replied
    I think I called Kevin Burns when I had a question about the gate. https://www.dec.ny.gov/about/667.html

Leave a comment:

• Hear the Footsteps
    replied
    Try contacting Region 5 Information:
    (518) 897-1200 Ray Brook
    email Info.R5@dec.ny.gov

Don

Leave a comment:

• HPFairy
    started a topic What day will Corey's Rd close?

What day will Corey's Rd close?

Hello, does anyone know what day Corey's Road will be closing? I want to do a backpacking trip this weekend. Even if I can get to the trailhead on Friday (12/11), I want to be sure I can get out on Sunday (12/13). Or, do you know who I would call to ask? Thank you!
Working...
X