Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything better than a sunny winter hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bikerhiker
    replied
    Really good post and point.

There was a stretch down here in the southern tier, i think just before Christmas day and after, that we swear we didn't see the sun out of the clouds for over 7-10 days straight, definitely a whole bunch of Vit D deficiency going on.
    I haven't been able to get to the cats or adk for a hike in a good long minute, but I know I am affected by sunlight in a positive way, and even down here in the tier it felt great just to stand outside in the sun these last two days seeing the ice and snow on the trees (i never get tired of the look of the pines after a snow) in the crisp cold air, even for a few mins.

Leave a comment:

• ADKJack
    replied
    Nothing better, non-hiking folks still have a hard believing that 20 degrees is the optimal temperature for playing in the woods

Leave a comment:

• SpencerVT
    replied
    Totally agree. I love breathing the cold
    air. It feels good, refreshing and invigorating.
    Also, no bugs.
    Saturday was a day totally like this (albeit a bit colder)
    beautiful blue and white everywhere.
    Good call!

Leave a comment:

• Is there anything better than a sunny winter hike?

I just love like 10 to 30 degrees, thin dry breezy air and warm winter sunshine.

Hiking and breathing feels so nice.

And just looking at things is a treat. Like the bright sunshine makes everything more real to your eyes.

Sitting on your little pad eating a cheese stick and you put your hand on your jacket and it's warm to the touch even though its like 14 degrees.

The views on the summits are so clear.

Glistening frozen summit balsams that are blasted white with snow.

Working...
X