Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoser
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! This really helps! Sounds like I gotta get more XC ski practice in to be properly prepared

• Yury
    commented on 's reply
    Total length of Coreys road ~9 km.
    4 km till 1 lane bridge/plow turnaround/winter parking/gate (they are rather close to each other).
    5 km of a road that may not be plowed and may be even locked.
    I just eyeballed this route on Google maps in advance of my trip.

• Hoser
    replied
    Curious on actual distances from summer lot to 1) winter lot, 2) Previously mentioned bridge, 3) plow turn around, and 4) gate. Trying to visualize all these potential starting points and struggling to do so. Not sure I have these in location order

Leave a comment:

• Yury
    replied
    Coreys Rd. yesterday (?) has been plowed till the one lane bridge.
    it's also plowed till summer parking.
    Regular car is sufficient to get to the summer parking lot till the next major snowfall.

Leave a comment:

• Hoser
    replied
    So the winter parking area is about three miles from the summer parking area (plz confirm if accurate). If the road is not plowed, how far from actual available parking to summer parking? And where’s the gate in all this. I realize it’s open but didn’t realize still have to shuffle to summer lot.

Maybe linear…what’s the distance between summer parking and winter parking and gate and parking if gate closed (4 points maybe not in the order). 5 points if the plow turnaround if different. I feel I am over complicating sorry.

jan 6 edit, looking to better understand all these four or five points along the road inc mileage, any takers? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• veggielasagna
    replied
    Originally posted by Yury View Post
    SeaLevel, where is snowplow turnaround located?
    Is it the same as winter parking/trailhead?
    Not quite. The snow plow turn around is before the "winter parking" lot. The "winter" lot is shortly after the one lane bridge SeaLevel referenced and used to access Raquette Falls on foot (in case you're looking at a map for reference). On Friday, 12/24, Corey's road was plowed and sanded until the one lane bridge. As SeaLevel mentioned, after that, unplowed, unconsolidated snow on the road 3+ miles to the "Summer Trailhead".

Leave a comment:

• SeaLevel
    commented on 's reply
    This trip being my first time to the Seward Trailhead, I believe the snowplow turnaround could be the same as winter parking. Others with more frequent use of this area would be more helpful in answering your question.
    Last edited by SeaLevel; 12-29-2021, 10:31 AM.

• Yury
    replied
    Originally posted by SeaLevel View Post
    Corey's road was plowed and sanded to the snowplow turnaround.
    SeaLevel, where is snowplow turnaround located?
    Is it the same as winter parking/trailhead?

Leave a comment:

• SeaLevel
    replied
    I was basing my observation on the fact you could see markings on the top of the snow between tires ruts where lower clearance cars had leveled the accumulation. Corey's road was plowed and sanded to the snowplow turnaround. I would assume the friend who lives on Corey's Road is observing their immediate surroundings. Not sure what has happened from 12/21 to 12/27 in the north country regarding precipitation.

Leave a comment:

• Yury
    replied
    Which of the following is true?
    How much snow are their on Coreys Road?

Originally posted by Cold River Bob View Post
    As of yesterday (December 27th) I talked to a friend who lives on Corey's road an they have just a couple of inches of snow on the ground
    Originally posted by SeaLevel View Post
    After passing over the one lane bridge on Corey’s Road (December 21st), the unplowed road had tire ruts that showed 4 – 5 inches of unconsolidated snow.

Leave a comment:

• Cold River Bob
    replied
    As of yesterday I talked to a friend who lives on Corey's road an they have just a couple of inches of snow on the ground

Leave a comment:

• moosebeware
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Corey's Road is open this winter. Will not close the gate until mud season starts.

• Redtail
    replied
    Headed in to spend a night in the Seward Range on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Is there any update on:
    1. Corey's Road being open or closed?
    2. Snow conditions/depth - hoping to pull a pulk rather than carry all the overnight gear.
    Thank all for any intel.

DVDV

Leave a comment:

• TFR
    replied
    Originally posted by DSettahr View Post
    I could be wrong on Coreys Road but FWIW, the DECInfo the database is full of known errors. A few definite examples:[LIST][*]5 lean-tos are still shown at Marcy Dam. There's only been 3 there for a few years now.
    Not directly related, but the signage they have (at least here in the Catskills) leaves much to be desired. My quip is that the signs are there to teach you not to believe them!

Leave a comment:

• Hear the Footsteps
    replied
    Originally posted by sherbi View Post
    What about the garden, plowed this winter?
    The Garden gets plowed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X