Peaked mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaked mountain

Does anybody know how big the parking area is for the trailhead to Peaked mountain wanted to do this Saturday but didn’t want to have to leave real early?

The parking area at 13th Lake at the end of Beach Road holds approx 15-20 cars but overflow parking went onto Beach Road when I was there. At least a few dozen cars or more were parked on the road. That was back in 2016. Not sure if that is still allowed.

Have fun. It's a nice hike. Awesome views along 13th Lake at the start and very steep near the top of Peaked with some great views from the summit.

Comment

Thanks I wanted to do a non 46er since Sawteeth turned out to be more a challenge then the thought. I am heavier unfortunately from past years and the warm weather got to me.

Comment

• Makwa
        Makwa commented
        Editing a comment
        The last 500 feet of vertical to the Peaked summit is as steep or steeper than many of the High Peaks. You cover that climb in about a quarter mile. Fun and thankfully over rather quickly.

Warm weather will do that do you. The day I climbed Peaked was one of the most hot/humid days I've ever been out hiking. By time I got back to the car I was wilted and my calves started cramping.

If you want to see what is in store for you check out pictures here... https://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/...untain-8-28-16

Thanks but for reason it won’t open the pics just shows a white square

Comment

• Makwa
        Makwa commented
        Editing a comment
        Try now. I just shared the album. Or view here... https://photos.app.goo.gl/3PMX6gRNeyGE22NT7

Didn't need to do that way back when when posting pics on forum but you do now. I just never went back through all my old photo albums to do that. Perhaps I should so if somebody stumbles across an old trip report they can see the pics.

Yeah that worked thanks looks like a fun hike

Comment

Working...
      X