Access to the Santanoni Range

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to the Santanoni Range

Hi, I'm new to the ADK HP Forum and need help planning a trip next weekend, 5/23 - 5/27. Anyone know if crossing the washed out road is passable or doable? Here is the latest information I can find on the - The roadway on the Bradley Pond Trail has been washed out by the Harkness Lake Outlet approximately a half mile from the parking lot. Hikers will be unable to cross the outlet until water levels drop. (4/25)

What condition is the Bradley Pond Trail like these days?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Cramps View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the ADK HP Forum and need help planning a trip next weekend, 5/23 - 5/27. Anyone know if crossing the washed out road is passable or doable? Here is the latest information I can find on the - The roadway on the Bradley Pond Trail has been washed out by the Harkness Lake Outlet approximately a half mile from the parking lot. Hikers will be unable to cross the outlet until water levels drop. (4/25)

What condition is the Bradley Pond Trail like these days?

Thanks in advance!
    Harkness Lake Outlet.
    No issued right now.
    You have to step up onto the corrugated steel culvert tube to cross.
    Would need a really big rain like washed out the road at the culvert to even think about it.
    Biggest problem is for vehicles. Impassible for vehicles.

Bradley pond trail and the rest.
    Hard to say. On May 6 we snowshoed from the Express jct to jct to climb to Herald Square. Snowshoes on and off to Panther Brook. Snowshoed Panther Brook to Herald Square. It's difficult to say what happened to that snow. We only did Couchy that day. Boots should be all that's needed now.

Don

Comment

Hi Don, thanks so much for the update. I watched a video recently of the road being washed out and thought it might be weeks before the road/trail became passable. Sounds like Bradley Trail will be wet and muddy, but doable. Again, thanks so much and happy trails.

Cramps~

Comment

Working...
      X