Warning: Undefined array key "extension" in /home/adkhighp/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 4176 Ebenezer Mountain - ADKHighPeaks

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebenezer Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcd View Post
    Agree with Mudhook. There are a bunch of folks out there (Adirondack Explorer - you listening?) who seem to want to try to force their way into private land, when there is tons of state land available to explore. This is usually in support of a false narrative that the concept of private land is somehow "evil." Do the work; explore the state land. Believe me, there's plenty. Or pay the fines for trespassing.
    Like your dog, Phil Brown didn't "hurt anything" while he was there.

Comment

• tcd
      tcd commented
      Editing a comment
      And if I had gotten caught, I would have paid the (probably tiny) fine, and not tied up Yellowstone NP in court for ten years...

Hi Everyone, hope the map section attached clarifies any ambiguity around the boundary line. Please note that the version I am sharing today is from before the Land Trust purchased Four Corners (the Schwalbaum property) earlier this year. I will update the map and post a better resolution copy shortly. Again, any questions please just get in touch. Note our land IS posted! Thanks so much.

Comment

Attached is the Essex County tax map (fine red lines are property boundaries) with USGS overlay. I have highlighted in red the summit property of Ebenezer Mountain which is owned by Wellscroft Ice House LLC. An Na Vo, I hope I got it right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ebenezer mt.JPG Views:	1 Size:	303.5 KB ID:	492724

Comment

• An_Na_Vo
        An_Na_Vo commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Joe, thanks ever so much for this. There is actually an updated map pending which I will be happy to share as soon as possible that also shows the boundary around Rattlesnake and moving over to the West to Winch Mountain (the one you posted - much appreciated - is of one of several tax parcels). The easiest thing to remember is that our line runs the height of land! Thanks all!

That's correct. The Adirondack Land Trust did a bad job of describing the parcels that they purchased, by failing to include a map in their PR. They have caused confusion with their announcement.

The parcels that Adirondack Land trust are shown in the attachment. The parcels are 27.1-2-30.000, 26.4-2-1.000, 27.1-2-29.000, 27.3-1-35.000, 27.3-1-2.000, 27.3-1-1.000.

Reference the Essex County Property Map for details of those parcels:

Click image for larger version  Name:	adk land trust purchase.png Views:	2 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	492737
      Attached Files

Comment

I kinda feel like this thread should be closed/locked.
        Anna kindly provided more than enough details & contact info.
        No need to continue discussing her and her husband's private property.

Comment

• An_Na_Vo
          An_Na_Vo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for being kind ;-). All best, Anna and David
      Working...
      X