Yellow Yellow Steals a Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Yellow Steals a Pack

Here is a youtube link to a video one of my friends was able to capture. They had just started to set up camp at the Lean-to at the start of the Marshall Herdpath when Yellow Yellow came into camp and snagged a back pack. She was not deterred by any attempts to make loud noise to scare her off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMPSj...re=context-cha

That is just crazy. She's a crafty one! Thanks for sharing

Comment

She too fearless. That's a problem...
      perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Comment

Originally posted by perrito View Post
        She too fearless. That's a problem...
        Once bears get to that point, they may decide to put her down.
        Firetowers - 29/29
        46ers - 4/46

Comment

Originally posted by Jack7957 View Post
          Once bears get to that point, they may decide to put her down.
          I heard that may be the case that once her cubs are old enough to take care of themselves she may be put down.

Comment

YOINKS!!!

Calling all Zoo's....Bear for sale.
            The greatest precept is continual awareness.

Comment

Oh man! But those cubs have learned all the wrong lessons that they will repeat. I wonder if the hikers could have been more demonstrative. Unfortunately it's probably beyond that now.

Comment

Dang! That's just nuts. She's not phased by people at all coming right into the LT like that...not good.
                http://www.adkhighpeaksforheroes.com

Comment

Very sad. I heard from a Ranger earlier this summer that she was becoming more bold, and that might eventually be her undoing. As such a smart bear, I'm really a big fan of hers; it would be a real shame for her to be put down. I like the zoo suggestion above. I think it would say something bad about us if we had to kill the smartest bear, just because she was smart.

Comment

In her defense, it looked like she was 'just borrowing' the pack, not actually stealing it....

Comment

You can almost see her thinking to herself, these hikers won't notice if I take this one pack, they have so many others, then she turns around and gives them the innocent little bear look.
                      Enjoying the journey with my favorite hiking partner.
                      Please visit ADKGurl's Blog: 46-High-Peaks

Comment

I'd hate to see her put down. It would be much better if she could be captured and used in a bear sanctuary or something like that. Maybe the Wild Center in Tupper lake needs a black bear enclosure.

But at this point, you can't have that. She's way too bold. Time to do something.

Comment

Offer her a job at the Bearvault testing facility.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgeman View Post
                            Offer her a job at the Bearvault testing facility.
                            I think she already has that one!

Comment

Waow! and during the day..
                              Do you think she "chose" a pack that smelled more than the others? I don't, but I'm wondering what others think..
                              and what sould we do with our packs to prevent this..
                              I take more care not to touch my backpack with smelly fingers than I do with my daypack.. and with my daypack I often put snacks in the side pockets but don't do that with my backpack..
                              (I'm not over scared of bears, but try to have good habits..)
                              Mary-Lou
                              http://marykaa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X